Author Topic: Is Outbreak Supposed To Be The 1st Place I Go?  (Read 2468 times)

KenRyan

• Underling
Is Outbreak Supposed To Be The 1st Place I Go?
« on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:23 AM »
I'm brand new to Paragon Chat (just found out about it). I created my 1st character (a re-creation of my very 1st CoH character :-)) and that worked. But I'm unsure of what is supposed to happen after that. When I click "Next," it tries to take me to Outbreak, and I immediately get the "Lost Connection to Mapserver" error.

Is that what is supposed to happen. I thought Paragon Chat was just supposed to let you hang out (obviously no game play is possible) in Paragon City and walk around and chat with other folks. Is that right? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

KenRyan

• Underling
Re: Is Outbreak Supposed To Be The 1st Place I Go?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 04:58:14 AM »
Actually, I was able to figure out more. I went first into Outbreak and it actually didn't disconnect. And I figured out how t teleport to Atlas Plaza. And the travel powers work. Woohoo! this is very cool.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Is Outbreak Supposed To Be The 1st Place I Go?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 01:48:49 PM »
"Lost Connection to Mapserver" means the client cannot connect with the PChat processes on your computer. This is probably going to be a intermittent problem you'll encounter. They typically happen when you enter a new zone. Certain zones seem more problematic than others, but it can happen anytime anywhere.

TLDR: Don't worry about Mapserver errors, unless the problem becomes persistent.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!