Author Topic: City of Data is Offline  (Read 25473 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:45:03 AM »
Tomax's Server (Including City of Data) is down indefinitely.

For Further Info: Tomax offline
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:05:52 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

urobb

• Underling
Re: Tomax Offline
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 04:51:20 PM »
Hi i don't know what is tomax but if i try to understand is the server who hosted the data of coh? So this why i can't change area in the game?

SOrry i'm noob and i'm french and my English is bad. So this one of the reason i don't understand all

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Tomax Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 07:09:00 PM »
urobb, I'm not sure if you've looked elsewhere or been helped. There are two issues here:

1. The game doesn't exist anymore. So I assume you're using one of the attempts to recreate it. Whatever you're using that doesn't allow you to change areas is most likely Paragon Chat, Titan Icon, or SEGS, all of which have different issues and forums to check for help.

2. Tomax was a player who collected data from City of Heroes while it was still live. It was useful to players since it had a lot of information about the game and powers players could use, but it was never connected to the game itself. So Tomax being down will never affect your ability to play anything. It was called "City of Data" only as a play on words based on the name of the game.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame