Author Topic: Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe  (Read 1982 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »
http://comicbook.com/comics/2018/04/21/ninjak-vs-the-valiant-universe-premiere-episode/

ok this is cheesy as hell and i've seen better acting in sharknado but i suppose for a free webseries it's not supposed to be particularly high quality. but if this is the only time we ever get to see a live action version of the pound for pound best shared universe ever this becomes full blown tragedy.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 10:08:12 PM »
Ugh, they couldn't even be bothered to do a second take when Capshaw calls Aric "XO Man of War".

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 10:53:17 PM »
Pretty sure I'm talking to myself here but if anyone cares they've gotten a shutdown order on showing these after today from the Chinese production company who bought Valiant. Hopefully that's a good sign as far as getting decent versions of these characters one day.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 03:05:51 AM »
Just checked this out. I love Bat in the Sun productions. Their budget is low, their acting is low, but their heart and geekiness are in the right place.  I have been watching their Super Power Beatdown videos for years.  They will do basically any matchup.  Wonder Woman vs Wolverine, Batman vs Deadpool, Batman vs Darth Vader, White Ranger vs Scorpion, etc...

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:09:50 AM »
What, it's gone already?  I was going to watch it this weekend.

I thought this was an official production.  How can it be taken down for copyright claims by Valiant when the was announced, commissioned, and approved by Valiant?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »
From what I can gather it was approved and started production when Shamdasani was still Chief Creative Officer before Valiant was sold. The new owners must not have liked the results (can't blame them) plus there's evidently a Bloodshot film in the works (with Vin Diesel, ugh) so perhaps they didn't want another version of him out there.

Idk what to think really. I was annoyed when I saw that Shamdasani had been removed by the new company since he oversaw the 2012 relaunch which was just amazing and several years of consistently above average to great material. Maybe that's a completely different skill set from what's required to get a decent live action adaptation made or maybe he's just getting thrown under the bus.

But frankly you didn't miss much. The acting was abysmal and the characters were one-dimensional and barely resembled any of the versions in the comics. Plus no psiots other than Archer (who was more like the '90s version) and Livewire (who they had as an electric blaster).

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
Well, since I know literally nothing about Valiant characters, I wouldn't have noticed the lack of "psiots"... is that even spelled right?

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 05:28:30 PM »
Well, since I know literally nothing about Valiant characters, I wouldn't have noticed the lack of "psiots"... is that even spelled right?

Spelled right, it's their version of mutants. Don't let this show be your introduction to valiant. The original 90s valiant books were an amazingly good launch of a shared universe that quickly petered out because of over expansion and writer attrition. The 2012 relaunch is insanely good and with a few exceptions maintains a high quality up to where I paused with the 2017 books because I would have caught up to the release schedule and be waiting for arc continuation. The 2012 Harbinger series is the best 25 book run of anything I've ever read with xo and Archer & Armstrong close on its heels.