Author Topic: Amazing Find!  (Read 2127 times)

DestinedWarrior

• Underling
Amazing Find!
« on: March 24, 2018, 06:27:03 AM »
Decided to finally start cleaning up my basement, and I hit the jackpot!

Couldn't find the actual binding that it came in, I'll keep looking. Anyone else have something like this?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Amazing Find!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »
I have the first printing of the PRIMA COH one from 2004.

Didn't even know they made one for COV.

I still love reading it from time to time.

SO different from what the game become even only after 1 or 2 years.

No Icon, no PI, lots of AT powers are different.

DestinedWarrior

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 08:24:39 PM »
I have the first printing of the PRIMA COH one from 2004.

Didn't even know they made one for COV.

I still love reading it from time to time.

SO different from what the game become even only after 1 or 2 years.

No Icon, no PI, lots of AT powers are different.

Even when I got it about two or so years after CoV came out and I started playing CoX, it was pretty outdated. Sadly, it looks like the actual binding it came in is long gone, but I've still got all that juicy content! It sure brings back a lot of nostalgia whenever I look through it. Even when the game ended, most of the guide was pretty outdated.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 09:17:24 PM »
Even when I got it about two or so years after CoV came out and I started playing CoX, it was pretty outdated. Sadly, it looks like the actual binding it came in is long gone, but I've still got all that juicy content! It sure brings back a lot of nostalgia whenever I look through it. Even when the game ended, most of the guide was pretty outdated.

In the COH guide they make a big deal about people should not make clones of heroes like Wolverine. They used Neo from the Matrix and Wolverine in a one page comic strip for this.

My niggle was they didn't want people to clone someone like Wolverine but they give you claw powers, regeneration and his actual head and facial hair. What else did they expect?

COH was my first MMO and I only bought the book because I had just gotten the game and then like 4 days later was on a two week vacation in Chicago so I couldn't even play.
I saw the book in a Barnes and Nobles and bought it so I could at least have something about COH to do for the two weeks.

The problem with guides for MMO's is they update them so much they book is like 80% useless after a few months.

But was cool for the maps of the zones, the list of powersets and what levels you get them (some of those changed a lot over the years). And I think they also had some background info on the zones and mobs,

And it has all sorts of tips for teaming up, how to 'pull' mobs, strategies and more.

Just starting reading it again after seeing this post. Makes me so sad to think of what was and what we no longer have.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 11:19:05 PM by doc7924 »

The-Pendragon

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 03:26:49 PM »
Have these too