Author Topic: Web based chatroom needed!  (Read 2457 times)

puffdubin

• Underling
Web based chatroom needed!
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »
Hey guys,

I am newbie here. I need your help anyways. I am looking for a chatroom for my new websites. My websites is based on eCommerce. All time I need to chat. And give answers to their queries. So looking for a reliable web based chatroom. I am willing to pay monthly if needed. Please suggest me a good and reliable chatroom.

Thank you for your reply. Smile    :)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Web based chatroom needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:34:43 PM »
Google is your friend.  Most web chat programs are free if you have hosting already.  Otherwise, Slack or Trello seem popular to use these days.  Trello is a 'kanban' board, so clients can comment on cards or submit cards like tickets or knowledgebase questions if you like. Both have free tiers.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

puffdubin

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 04:43:56 PM »
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I have done it few hours ago. And found few reliable chatroom. Some of them are really good like- ChatWing. I am really impressed to use this one for 2 of my websites. Though I need to pay something monthly. But I don't have any objection for the reliable service.

Glad to get ChatWing so far. lol

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »
The Discord Chat we are using seems to be quite good.  I know the Discord client is free on PC and phones, but I don't know about the server end.  Maybe someone else here can answer about the server-end costs?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 01:07:49 AM »
We = Cape Radio is using it.  Titan Network is not involved in Discord.

Costs are also free to make a Discord Server: Discord sells "Nitro" subscriptions to offset their costs of operations.  Like anything else that's free for the most part, they'll start to turn more towards monetization somehow (in the form of ads, curation, or other method of getting paid content to user's eyeballs.)  And it'll probably be sooner than later.

However, Discord tends to be more for gaming use: their text and voice channels are designed for gaming in mind.  Privacy, threaded conversations, and keeping a server private aren't as easy as they'd be on a do it yourself chat service, or something more business minded like Slack or Salesforce.  (Slack has the most parallels with Discord.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran