Author Topic: City Vault and (Possible) Game Intergration?  (Read 8011 times)

Sharyd

City Vault and (Possible) Game Intergration?
« on: June 04, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »
I asked once already to be on the dev team for Mids' but... from Mids' mouth "My source code makes other devs get headaches". LOL I'll take his word for it.

I've been tweaking my own version of your hero designer, realize mine will never be launched, only because I can't figure out the math for the life of me, and... lets face it, MIDS IS THE NUMBERS MAN!

I might suck at figuring out the math... but there are two ideas that I looked into getting mine to do.

Having a script to scan the coh.exe while running (in enhancement screen) and dropping everything it sees into the mouse-click playground half of Mids' app is DOABLE, but against PlayNC EULA.

SOOOO When ever City Vault eventually comes out, I'm going to have a script set up to read that and transfer it into my script.

I'm assuming they're going to be doing the vault in xml with schema's everywhere, kind of like WoW's Armory. Sadly to pull this one off... PHP cURL will have to be used to grab the XML before the page it outfitted with HTML markup. Easily done in VB based apps... not so easily done in C#, which is what I'm PRETTY sure MIDs' is written in.

I'll be happy to send in my source code for this future module when the City Vault is released. I want to help make mids the bionic building tool everyone will love to use. My hero builder is the equivalent to SuckerPunch's hero builder, just app based... no numbers, no insight, no "grocery list" (love that by the way). So anything I can do to help, I will. :D

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
Re: City Vault and (Possible) Game Intergration?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:36:10 PM »
CIT and CGT are planning on using the vault to update our information as well, but we will only need to read the XML.

I can't speak for Mids, but I would like to see the source.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »
I'm hoping that I'll be able to make good use of the Vault for pulling in data as well. Especially as I don't really want to get into the territory of scanning through the game's memory to retrieve things.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing your source for pulling the info from the vault when it comes along too, please. :)

Oh, and it actually IS all written in VB.NET :D
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Sharyd

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »
Seriously? What control did you use to get those icons in the listbox?

I'm craving that for work related projects.

Anyway, I'd love to have some input in the data pull from the vault. I've created 3 different scripts that pull data from the WoW Armory (sadly I later discovered there is a web service hiding in there some where that made it obsolete).

Also... I sent a PM to positron not to long ago, of
City Vault
Sent to: Positron
I understand you're busy, I was just wondering if there were any indications of City Vault launching soon?

If so, I'd like to be a beta tester.
He replied with "Very Soon" which made me very excited to hear.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »
"Very Soon" is deffinately a step up from their "Soon" statements.  Cool!

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »
Seriously? What control did you use to get those icons in the listbox?

I'm craving that for work related projects.
If you mean the Combo Boxes, they have custom owner-draw code for their items.
I have a lot of my own custom draw code in there.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Sharyd

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:11:12 PM »
If you mean the Combo Boxes, they have custom owner-draw code for their items.
I have a lot of my own custom draw code in there.

I'll have to look into playing around with that. Never actually designed my own control.
Thanks for the insight. :D

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »
Mids' drop-down boxes inspired me to break out of the default <select> boxes for my new version of the online planner.

Go Go Mids!