Author Topic: Supergirl Season 3  (Read 13301 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Supergirl Season 3
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »
I don't usually watch Supergirl, but Chyler was adorable in her cringing after the one night stand!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2017, 02:12:39 PM »
Internets says the 'hey do i know you?' conversation actress played Plastique for a few episodes on Smallville. In a related story Plastique was evidently in a few episodes of Smallville.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »
Internets says the 'hey do i know you?' conversation actress played Plastique for a few episodes on Smallville. In a related story Plastique was evidently in a few episodes of Smallville.

Her and Gustin appear to have been in 90210 at the same time, too.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »
Ah, that makes a lot more sense then. I didn't know Gustin was on that. I recognized her but that turns out to have been from the Secret Circle.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 06:51:39 PM »
The quality of writing in this season was really poor at times until they did the episode with kara and alexs childhood. Now it's starting to get back to being a show about a superhero and not trying to tie in current real life politics, or references to it in every little scene. I am hoping they decide to make alex an important character again in the future as they basically changed her from being the bad ass strong human that killed a kryptonian with a kryptonite machette into nothing but a love sick idiot and a "hey look we have a lesbian romance couple in our series." She was a great supporting character for supergirl and a powerhouse on her own for a human but they've only been using her for romance stuff now and that's really sad.

Now I see James is about to get into another romance and I hope they don't end guardian for that and likewise don't end the martian manhunters usefulness for only having him talk with his father.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 09:10:54 AM »
Y'know even if they're going to go with the terrible Star Trek makeup look for Brainy you'd think they could at least get the head jewel thingies symmetrical.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2018, 01:58:14 PM »
I thought Brainy was great.  Didn't stare hard enough at the jewels to detect any aberrant asymmetry.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2018, 02:04:55 PM »
That's me all over. 2.3x and spotting asymmetrical jewels and selina's leg hair in that one gotham but wouldn't remember the plot 5 minutes later if i watched it three times at normal speed.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2018, 02:17:50 PM »
So... *was* he actually taller in Kara's mind? 

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »
I think Kara's brain just has different camera angles :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2018, 08:08:45 PM »
Maybe Brainy was wearing heels.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 12:09:43 PM »
I liked Brainy a lot except for one thing. Why is it that all AIs/Cyborgs have to have some bit that glows.  Were they made by Alienware?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
I liked Brainy a lot except for one thing. Why is it that all AIs/Cyborgs have to have some bit that glows.  Were they made by Alienware?

Because it's kewl.  Booya.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2018, 04:06:50 AM »
I like that they changed Saturn Girl's power set to telekinesis so there wouldn't be two telepaths fighting Reign without it occurring to them to use a mental attack.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »
Putting aside the silliness of radiation that's only poisonous to men, aren't Kryptonians *more* powerful around blue suns?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2018, 03:29:12 PM »
Putting aside the silliness of radiation that's only poisonous to men, aren't Kryptonians *more* powerful around blue suns?

In the comics I think that's how it worked.

Because it was hotter or something then a yellow sun.

Loving seeing the Legion - all three of them.

I don't watch Supergirl unless its a crossover - the guy in the beard is Mon-El? And he married Saturn Girl? Taking lots of liberties I see with Legion lore.

I know he landed on Earth but how did he get to the future? And what episode did the Legion show up? I started watching from ep 10.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2018, 09:47:41 PM »
1. He landed on Earth and fell in love with Kara.
2. His parents came and his mom invaded Earth.
3. Lead bomb to drive off the Daxamites.
4. He left Earth and wound up going through time to the 30th century. He was given a cure to the lead thing during the years he lived there and married Saturn Girl.
5. Somethingsomething and the Legion traveled way into the past. They were asleep for centuries under the ground until now.

Yes, liberties.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2018, 11:28:08 PM »
So 3 distinct afterschool specials, several eps worth of effects budget and they still had time to too soon the lotion bucket woman by comparing her to her abductor.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2018, 03:55:25 AM »
"Yeah great, the plant grew with me. Where the hell's Comet?"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »
So um, where was the original Kara's body when she went back in time? I'd be willing to give them no flashpoint since she only went back a few minutes and
Spoiler for Hidden:
Reign can one-shot Kryptonians cuz magic!
but y'know, there are limits even for routinely ridiculous shows. Now we have an entirely new time metaphysics from the 15 they've already used in these shows where
Spoiler for Hidden:
time remnants become smoke monsters instead of bodies, which then evidently become bodies again, but without their memories since I assume they're going to do some version of (formerly) Red Daughter?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:52:26 PM by Vee »