Author Topic: Flash Season Four  (Read 41818 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season Four
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »
Presumably they can afford to pay professional writers.  Why is the story so bad?

Its not bad writing  - its rushed writing and for that makes giant plot holes.

A real trial like that would have taken months, or longer to get Barry convicted.

And same for 'DeVoe' coming back.

If Nicole Simpson suddenly turned up in the courtroom during the OJ trial , do you think they would just say "Oh she is alive. You are free OJ - have a nice day."

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »
Its not bad writing  - its rushed writing and for that makes giant plot holes.

A real trial like that would have taken months, or longer to get Barry convicted.

And same for 'DeVoe' coming back.

If Nicole Simpson suddenly turned up in the courtroom during the OJ trial , do you think they would just say "Oh she is alive. You are free OJ - have a nice day."
I'm ok with a rushed plotline where a trial that would take months or years gets resolved in a few weeks. 

The part about a body that went to the morgue and was cremated/buried showing up again and nobody thinks to ask who was that other guy, then?  That makes no sense.  There was definitely a dead guy on Barry's floor.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2018, 07:39:51 AM »
It can't be Ralph's stretchiness that DeVoe wants. Until he gets hold of Ralph's shapeshifting ability, DeVoe is stuck with body-hopping, via the chair, and leaving corpses behind. I think that he knew that Ralph could shapeshift before Ralph did. But specifically what might changing form have to do with bringing his so-called "Enlightenment"?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:29 AM »
It can't be Ralph's stretchiness that DeVoe wants. Until he gets hold of Ralph's shapeshifting ability, DeVoe is stuck with body-hopping, via the chair, and leaving corpses behind. I think that he knew that Ralph could shapeshift before Ralph did. But specifically what might changing form have to do with bringing his so-called "Enlightenment"?

It might be Ralph's durability. Maybe the same molecular bonding that makes his body almost indestructible would keep DeVoe's nervous system from deteriorating.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »
It might be Ralph's durability. Maybe the same molecular bonding that makes his body almost indestructible would keep DeVoe's nervous system from deteriorating.

Well that ship has sailed. He already has a new body, two in fact, so that isn't a problem anymore.

But does he actually have all the powers of those people he absorbed? or just the one body he has? He still seems to have the mind reading power of the other guy so maybe he does.

Is he now the Peter Petrelli of the Arrowverse? If so that's makes him pretty damn powerful.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2018, 08:43:50 PM »
Well that ship has sailed. He already has a new body, two in fact, so that isn't a problem anymore.

But does he actually have all the powers of those people he absorbed? or just the one body he has? He still seems to have the mind reading power of the other guy so maybe he does.

Is he now the Peter Petrelli of the Arrowverse? If so that's makes him pretty damn powerful.

Yes he has new bodies but who says that they aren't deteriorating as well.  When a person gets something they really like they generally want to stick with it, not replace it every couple years.

Unless of course it's a phone.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2018, 03:49:12 AM »
Yes he has new bodies but who says that they aren't deteriorating as well.  When a person gets something they really like they generally want to stick with it, not replace it every couple years.

Unless of course it's a phone.

True. But it seemed that his original body was the one with the problem. So just transferring his mind should be ok. The first new body he didn't seem to have any problems, but as you say, why switch to another body if he didn't have to, since it looked like he could just take their powers.

Well this new episode explained that. All the dark matter being absorbed with the powers is making his (or her) body decay.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:50:36 AM by doc7924 »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2018, 03:53:35 AM »
Ok. latest episode had a few problems I didn't quite understand.

The girl used the fiddle to focus her power - but she didn't need it really as she used her power many times without it, so why didn't she just blast Devoe in the chair?

Devoe has to search for the people on the bus. If he manipulated certain people to be on the bus then why doesn't he already know who the 12 are?

And finally - Caitlyn can explain a pocket dimension but doesn't know what a singularity is?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2018, 08:02:56 AM »
And finally - Caitlyn can explain a pocket dimension but doesn't know what a singularity is?
Probably just hung out in Pocket D a lot.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »
Keep looking at me instead of trying to fight back or something!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »
"Enter Flashtime" was one of the most-entertaining episodes of the season - and very definitely a comic-book story. Two question, though.

1. When Jessie ran off to get Jay, she and Barry were already moving faster than a nuclear explosion can happen. So, since they were already super-duper superspeeding, how did she zip away at super-duper-OOPER superspeed - which they both should already have been at, given the situation's urgency? Barry should have seen her simply run off, from his perspective.

2. Even while watching the video at the end of the episode, no one brought up the obvious question: Who could have given the eco-terrorists the means to access an ARGUS fission device's controls and set it off? (Besides DeVoe, of course.)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2018, 06:43:27 PM »
I like how he only uses super superspeed after the bomb goes off but basically saunters over when he gets the 911 from Joe.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2018, 11:10:04 PM »
Also, I'd point out that, since Barry, Jessie, and Jay were able to move that fast, and do so much in that amount of time, there's absolutely no reason why any of them should ever get hit, be taken by surprise, fail to be anywhere on time, or otherwise be beaten ever again.

But they will. Because, ultimately, they'll always move at the speed of plot.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
Also, I'd point out that, since Barry, Jessie, and Jay were able to move that fast, and do so much in that amount of time, there's absolutely no reason why any of them should ever get hit, be taken by surprise, fail to be anywhere on time, or otherwise be beaten ever again.

But they will. Because, ultimately, they'll always move at the speed of plot.
You are correct, of course. 

In my head, I like to think that Barry has to turn his powers on and off so he can interact with the rest of the world.  It makes some of the plot developments a little less painful, like when he gets surprised.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2018, 08:56:04 PM »
I'm glad they added the idea that 'Flash Time' is a power that is debilitating to use for any extended period.  Even more so for non-speedsters.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
You are correct, of course. 

In my head, I like to think that Barry has to turn his powers on and off so he can interact with the rest of the world.  It makes some of the plot developments a little less painful, like when he gets surprised.

Well that's how they have always shown it in the comics.  He wills his speed on and off but it will kick in automatically when he is in enough danger, like a bullet hitting him.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »
Mad science is an area of study not a degree, okay?!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2018, 09:04:15 PM »
Mad science is an area of study not a degree, okay?!

Classic.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »
I was eating dinner when Iris faced the ridiculous guy who got Melting Point's powers.  I nearly choked when he was getting crushed by a wave and screamed rock and roll forever.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2018, 05:28:30 AM »
was smart of Iris to anticipate getting superpowers by putting on an obvious costume jacket. also neat that she could instinctively manipulate the speedforce's lightning color.