Author Topic: The Gifted  (Read 6205 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
The Gifted
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:49:46 AM »
I liked the premiere, though the son is really annoying. Was surprised it had 3 recognizable mutants.

HalcyonS

• Boss
Re: The Gifted
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:56:29 AM »
It's not bad so far, though I admit I couldn't stop giggling when I heard Eclipse's ringtone.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:05:42 PM »
Really liked both kids. We'll see how the mom turns out. It's Amy Acker, so expectation is high. She hasn't been impressive yet.

Fox is making it really tough for me to boycott their X-Stuff.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »
Really liked both kids. We'll see how the mom turns out. It's Amy Acker, so expectation is high. She hasn't been impressive yet.

She's probably just relieved Whedon isn't involved to make sure she's mutilated somehow.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 03:09:28 AM »
As a first impression it's ok for me. The show went from 0-100 at the beginning to the end of the show. The show was fast pace and a lot things was happening at the same I had no clue what was going on and the show didn't even give time to introduce the characters. The only mutant I recognized is Blink from Days of Future Past. I don't like the son either and I don't like the father. He went a complete 180 from bad to good within 30 minutes of the show. I was shocked when I saw the Stan Lee cameo. I think that's the first time ever we see him make a cameo appearance on television. But, I'll watch the series to see if it's good or not I'm not watching Arrow anymore.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:16:05 PM by Dev7on »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 08:00:23 AM »
The only mutant I recognized is Blink from Days of Future Past.
Polaris and Thunderbird (not to be confused with is brother, Warpath, that we saw in Days of Future Past), too.

I think that's the first time ever we see him make a cameo appearance on television. But, I'll watch the series to see if it's good or not I'm not watching Arrow anymore.
Does this count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9TIvIEnpA
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
He made one in Lucky Man, but given it's called 'Stan Lee's Lucky Man' he kinda had to.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 08:50:47 PM »
Don't like the son or the father... but they're Struckers, so I guess that's to be expected.  Actually, just don't really care for the family or their story at all so far.  Kinda interested in what happens to Polaris, though.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 06:32:33 PM »
Much much better than Inhumans.  Runaways coming up in about a month.  I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming that there is all this superhero stuff on television at the same time.  Now if only at least one of the superhero MMOs would actually get up and running.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »
Much much better than Inhumans.  Runaways coming up in about a month.  I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming that there is all this superhero stuff on television at the same time.  Now if only at least one of the superhero MMOs would actually get up and running.

Agree. COH closed a bit too early. Probably would have had a big boom of new people playing with all the super hero stuff around now.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 06:04:38 AM »
Ugh.  Last episode was so awful.  The only good part was Polaris' green hair.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 06:10:59 AM »
was bad, but still nowhere close to as bad as fox's other superhero show. doesn't bode well though.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 06:39:56 AM »
Inhumans was definitely dripping with stupid, but at least it was comic book stupid with a happy sprinkling of sardonic face laser.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Not the best episode but still miles beyond the Inhumans travesty.

There were a lot of inconsistencies but it was good that they revealed the green hair. There are a lot of little problems but they are the kind of problems you see with any new series trying to set its tone and get its footing.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
Ugh.  Last episode was so awful.  The only good part was Polaris' green hair.

I agree. So the father change his mind since the other guy from Sentinel Security or whatever it's called offered a him a deal and he accepted it and I'm like wtf. Why the show had to tease us with Blink's fate so early in the season? That was unnecessary.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 01:33:43 PM »
It's not often I watch something and think, "man, I wish I was watching the Generation X TV movie instead..."

But that's where my mind drifted to while the last episode assailed me with unlikable characters, and forcibly tried and failed to redeem one of them.

And did Polaris' hair magically go back to brunette?

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »
The hair thing was my only problem.

I'm finding all of the characters extremely likeable, especially now that the father has wised up.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
Not the best episode but still miles beyond the Inhumans travesty.

You mean Marvel Hawaii?

I'm waiting for:

Higgins to regale someone, anyone, about his exploits against the Japanese in Burma while rescuing Karnak from the weed growers.

Rick is fuming, thinking it's because he's short, at being told to leave as Gorgon claims he can handle the situation himself.

TJ flying his chopper and chattering away to Blackbolt and asking every so often why Blackbolt doesn't talk.

Magnum is making googly eyes at Medusa when not watching the road while driving the Ferrari.

And there's me, being supportive of Crystal, as she worries about Lockjaw.  Oh wait, I was never on that show.  dang.  :D   

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »
The hair thing was my only problem.

I'm finding all of the characters extremely likeable, especially now that the father has wised up.

The only way that scene could've been more forced is if he was holding a kitten the whole time.  And the only way it could have been less believable is if he was dressed like Hitler.

Strucker Jr. is a stereotypical angsty little pube-rager.  His friendly neighborhood cousin might as well have shouted "eSports! lolol!" while they were playing Kill Ratio.  The uncle was a jerk.  And mom just keeps coming off as an idiot.  The daughter's best quality is that she's so blandly forgettable.

Agent Doorknob and Sentinel Services haven't made for very interesting antagonists.  They're unlikable, but not in a delicious hateable villainous way.  Shady Scientist Guy added the tiniest bit of intrigue without a shred of personality.

Meanwhile, The Miyagi, Not-Jean, Lightshow, and Scarface have been less like characters and more like decorations hanging from the hideous Strucker Tree.  They might be likable if allowed to develop on their own, or if hung from different branches.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 11:21:16 PM »
You mean Marvel Hawaii?

I'm waiting for:

Higgins to regale someone, anyone, about his exploits against the Japanese in Burma while rescuing Karnak from the weed growers.

Rick is fuming, thinking it's because he's short, at being told to leave as Gorgon claims he can handle the situation himself.

TJ flying his chopper and chattering away to Blackbolt and asking every so often why Blackbolt doesn't talk.

Magnum is making googly eyes at Medusa when not watching the road while driving the Ferrari.

And there's me, being supportive of Crystal, as she worries about Lockjaw.  Oh wait, I was never on that show.  dang.  :D

Not too sure about any of this. I'll have to talk to Icepick.