Author Topic: Camera shake  (Read 3222 times)

Digital Identity

• Underling
Camera shake
« on: August 16, 2017, 03:28:31 AM »
I know demoediting is becoming a lost art. I am curious if anyone knows what causes a camera shake during a battle. (ie dropships carpet bomb nearby, or final defeat of Hami.) It might be neat to use that somewhere, but for now, I am trying to take it out of a captured battle. I know it's not a CAM movement. Would it be an FX or something else targeting the cam to cause the camera rumble?

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
Re: Camera shake
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »
the Camera shake is generated via an FX command. The problem is there are several FX commands that do it. I know the Bane Spiders Omega maneuver had it and the foot stomp also had it. I know there are others because I remember being on teams with neither of those and still seeing the camera shake effect. The only way I know of to find out what FX(s) in the demo that are creating the camera shake is to go through the demo and tie the first FX to an entity that is outside of the cameras viewing area, run the demo and see if the shake effect is still there. If not, go back to the demo, undo the change and tie the next FX to another entity that is outside of the cameras view area.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.