Author Topic: Black Lightning Trailer  (Read 1956 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Black Lightning Trailer
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:14 PM »
The CW is expanding the Arrowverse and adding another superhero TV series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Black Lightning Trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »
I always liked Black Lightning.  It looks pretty cheesy, but in ways that I like.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »
I like him too, and the actor, but the last thing the world needs is another one of these things. And with Jennifer and Anissa on there you can already hear the CW's signature 'who gets to go into danger' arguments queuing up.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 02:11:42 AM »
The thought of Black Lightning gives me flashbacks to the 80s.  And the look of this show gives me the same flashbacks.  The costume and the special effects scream Automan and Incredible Hulk level FX.  Ok, maybe the 90s show M.A.N.T.I.S.

It just really looks bad to me.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 04:00:22 AM »
Here's a funny story. When my dad bought City of Heroes his first character was an Energy/Energy Blaster and he named him Black Lightning, not knowing that Black Lightning exist in the comics. When his character was changed into "Generic 0648" he thought his account got hacked until he got a message from the Devs that he violated the copyright rules. My dad renamed him Nyght Blade with the global name @Nyght Blade and he played on the Virtue server. And that's how it all got started and the journey began for us. [sigh] Good times... You might recognized me, I'm Dark Vines, Rouge, Velo Fire, and Zero Gravity on the Freedom server. I'm also Eschaton Spectrum on the Virtue server. My brother plays City of Heroes too. Dad allowed us to share his account. City of Heroes is the reason why I got into comic books now....change my life...  :D :'(

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 06:14:32 AM »
The thought of Black Lightning gives me flashbacks to the 80s.  And the look of this show gives me the same flashbacks.  The costume and the special effects scream Automan and Incredible Hulk level FX.  Ok, maybe the 90s show M.A.N.T.I.S.

It just really looks bad to me.

I thought the glowing bolts on the costume were a nice touch.  And I liked the goggles.  But I thought his blasts weren't bolt-y enough.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.