Author Topic: Titans Judas Contract  (Read 1341 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Titans Judas Contract
« on: April 09, 2017, 03:47:08 AM »
Hey let's take a story we've already done on the original Titans series but shoehorn Damien Wayne in! This one was pointless even by pointless DCU movie standards.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Titans Judas Contract
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:20:32 AM »
Ok, I had no idea they were going to stuff Damien Wayne in.  That just cost DC a sale.  I hate that character.

Personally I was hoping that they were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comic.  I was really disappointed by the version done in the Titans series because they sanitized it so much for the little kiddies who networks assume are the only ones watching cartoons.  The original story in the comics was extremely adult and disturbing in several areas and would have been great to see done right.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »
What's worse to me is that it looks like it has Blue Beetle in it.  But I'll probably still rent it when it's available.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »
I don't mind Jaime's Beetle, mostly because having suffered through years of the Beetle/Booster comedy hour anything's preferable to Ted's Beetle. Damien I do mind. I can't for the life of me figure out why they keep sticking him in every movie.

There is a bit of disturbing in it with the Terra/Slade relationship but it's not particularly adult otherwise unless Starfire's frankness about sex counts. I've not read the comic version yet so I can't really comment on the adaptation.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »
I loathe Jaime's Beetle.  And especially the Reach.  I'll take the delightful Booster-Beetle comic duo over that garbage eight days a week.  Or even the cheesiness of the original.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.