Author Topic: City of Heroes 13th Anniversary - Friday April 28th, 2017 - 3pm to 11pm Eastern  (Read 13160 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss

Media!
Photos
13th Anniversary Photos are available here, courtesy of Nyghtshade!

Audio
Paragon Radio's penultimate episode was recorded during the Anniversary Celebration.  You can listen to it anytime on Blog Talk Radio!

Video
Highlights Video!  A brief look at the Anniversary and credits for the event.
Massively Overpowered also recorded the last two hours of the Anniversary with commentary for your listening pleasure.

Results!

ATTENDANCE: Overall a 13 percent increase in total attendance, with 213 total attendees. 

Our most attended hour remains 7pm Pacific (10pm Eastern) but at 97 people we didn't top last year.  (It was 102 in Paragon Chat channel at that point, but 97 were in Atlas Park under /whoall.)

Click to embiggen.

COSTUME CONTESTS: Three places were picked in each.  1st Place moved to the finals.

HM = Honorable Mention (Didn't place due to rules in effect, but special thanks.)

Tailor-Only

DB-Edited

Biography

Homage

1st Place: Darksyte
2nd Place: Phur
HM: Beefeater
1st Place: Aztec
2nd Place: Ligea
3rd Place: Invisible
1st Place: majordeej as Chrononaut
2nd Place: bitters as Goddess Grace
3rd Place: Power Gamer as O-The Humanatee
HM: Crater Labs as Colonist
1st Place: Plissken
2nd Place: Great Dick Tracy
3rd Place: Madness
HM: Delilah The Hunter and Stygian Ruin
Rogues/Vigilantes

Villains

Heroes

FINALE

1st Place: Aguila de Mexico
2nd Place: Phur
3rd Place: Dark Spawn
HM: Mortalita
1st Place:  Anshee
2nd Place: Zedus
3rd Place: Nether Ghost
1st Place: Sister Silicon
2nd Place: Supercharger
3rd Place: Cosmic Guardian 3rd
HM: "Test"
BEST IN SHOW: Anshee
2nd Place: Aztec
3rd Place: Aguila de Mexico
HM: Plissken

PLAYER GAMES: Results are independent.

A Game of Drones II
TEAM CRASHPOSITRON

A Game of Drones II
TEAM MAGDALENA

Trivia Contest
2 Rounds, Final Question

Badge Race
Individual Contest

1st Place: Mystic Angelica
2nd Place: Jordan Yen
3rd Place: Human Flea
1st Place: Ian Thwyne
2nd Place: Colonist
Winner: @Concrete Pulse
Runner Up: @Amanda Panda
1st Place: Honey Badger - 70
2nd Place: Archera - 56
3rd Place: Topaz Flare - 22

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:39:01 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: City of Heroes 13th Anniversary - Friday April 28th, 2017 - Save The Date
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:04:36 AM »
Past Updates leading to the event:

April 27th: The final sketch of "Stan and Lou" by MadVyking is available, called "Meet Mender Silos".  Thanks again to MadVyking for the entertainment before the show!

Also, Paragon Radio announced their next episode, which will be during the 13th Anniversary from 9-11pm Eastern (6-8pm Pacific, 2-4am GMT.)  If you missed the Anniversary, or you want to revisit the event, the podcast is accessible from the above post at any time. (The full two hours will be rebroadcast on Dawn Radio on Sunday night.)

April 26th: Massively Overpowered, the MMO News Site, will be present streaming the last two hours of the 13th Anniversary!  Check out their article, and a blog on reporter Justin Olivetti's first experience with Paragon Chat.

You can watch the recorded video on their Twitch channel.

Also, read long-time CoH reporter Eliot Lefebvre's Perfect Ten article on his ranking of the Archetypes of the game just in time for the event.

April 25th: Paragon Radio's own MadVyking has released three more "Stan and Lou" sketches with the duo entering a Portal Corp. wormhole to each of the three games of Cryptic, Champions Online, Star Trek Online and Neverwinter.  Check them out!

If you haven't heard his first "Stan and Lou" ad, listen here first!
Champions Online: Meet Defender
Star Trek Online: Meet Starfleet
Neverwinter: Meet Sgt. Knox

April 23rd: Official Schedule Released!

Click to Embiggen

In addition, the following shows will take place:

Paragon Radio:
9pm Eastern to 11pm with Pogoman and MadVyking
More info on Paragon Radio shows can be found here.

Dawn Radio:
On Champions Online --
3pm - 6pm Black Magic
6pm - 8pm Thunderstruck
8pm - 11pm Ghost Captain

On Neverwinter --
6pm - 8pm Thunderstruck

On Star Trek Online --
8pm - 11pm Ghost Captain

Learn more about Dawn Radio here, including a DJ Schedule and upcoming programs.

April 22nd: Costume Contest Themes -- This gives everyone one week to prepare for the Costume Contests.  Many of the themes are able to use costumes from past Costume Contest Thursday competitions if you want to use those as a basis.
  • Best Tailor Costume (Not changed with DB Edits)
  • Best DB Edited Costume (Within reason: Costume must remain humanoid, no premade NPCs such as Statesman, Lord Recluse, Tyrant, etc.)
  • Best Biography (Costume will be 2nd consideration to the player biography.  Writers welcome!)
  • Best Homage Costume
  • Best Rogues and Vigilantes
  • Best Villains
  • Best Heroes
As last year, we will hold a final costume contest for those who place in the prior contests.  For the final contest, you must be present to win.

Good luck!

April 14th: Changes in the Cape Radio Lineup -- DJ Arcade is not able to appear, but we'll have the following DJ stepping in --
  • One Hit Wonder -- One of the original DJs of Cape Radio, Wondie has a massive music library and is ready for any situation. Host of Up All Night.
The header graphic above will be updated pending one last update needed.  Stay tuned.

April 7th: Although Paragon Radio (formerly SaveCOH Radio) committed to the event last year merely hours after the 12th Anniversary, Paragon Radio confirmed today that will be at the 13th Anniversary at the steps of Paragon City Hall from 9pm until 11pm.  Live coverage in Atlas Park!  Two hours!  Call in and say Hi to Pogoman on the air! 

April 3rd: We now have The Cape's official support!  DJs that night scheduled to appear:
  • Attercap -- Power Pop king, and CatGirl Afficionado.  Hosts Streaming With(out) Attercap, and annual specials.
  • DJ Angel -- Multi-talented artist and fan of cover songs. Host of Celestial Kisses.
  • DJ Amethyst -- Funny lady with a deceptively large music library of pop music, co-host of Mischief Management.
  • DJ Nexus -- Rock and Roll Historian, Gamer, and co-host of Mischief Management.
  • DJ Arcade -- Video Game Soundtrack enthusiast. Host of Enter Player One.
So, we're looking at a very broad and fun setlist that night!  All we need now is you! :D
Audio Advertisement for the 13th Anniversary - TheCape Radio

April 2nd:  Our partnership with Paragon Dawn continues, as Paragon Dawn will host a show on April 28th.  But not only in their home world of Champions Online, but also in Star Trek Online and Neverwinter for COH Veterans as well.  They also do this for those who cannot run Paragon Chat (regardless of why).  Paragon Dawn is here for the City of Heroes veterans! :)  Check them out!
Audio Advertisement for the 13th Anniversary - Dawn Radio
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:11:00 AM by Tahquitz »

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
Improved version of 'A Game of Drones' to be offered at the April 28th Event:

Surelle

Sounds awesome!  I hope people are still around after 9:30pm, because I work Fridays until then.  *crosses fingers, marks it on calendar*

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Depends on the time zone you're referring to.  I've got no plans the day after, so I'm up for staying later, can't speak for the rest of HERC or the audience. :)

madvyking

• Minion
Paragon Dawn ready to help here on Champions.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Good to have you aboard, MadVyking!  Updated the post above for Champions Online, Star Trek Online and Neverwinter information!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:33:55 AM by Tahquitz »

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
I will do my best to be around earlier than my show to enjoy most of the festivities! :)

TimothyAugello

• Underling
I'll be there  ;)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
The Schedule has been posted above.  Feel free to share on social media and spread as needed. :)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
I'll be there with my new character.

nicoliy

• Boss
Hoping to be there, but with a newborn my times are limited. If I don't make it, I hope you all have crazy amounts of fun.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
The clock is counting down.  Don't forget the  "13th Anniversary Celebration" this Friday!!   :D

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Rearranged the first two posts.  The top will get screenshots and updates while the event is in progress.

See you all tomorrow afternoon!

Linuial

• Lieutenant
    • Survivor: a City of Heroes novel
Switchboard Operations checking in.  RL temporarily put on hold...and you should see how funny everyone looks just frozen in mid-action.  ;-)  Will be present at the party site starting 2pm Eastern, until "official" end at 11pm Eastern. 

"Switchboard" is communications hub.  I'll be keeping an eye on all activities, making sure everything is going well.  If you need something, ask me.  If someone seems to be DCing, let me know.  If there's a problem, I'll help sort it out.  If you have asked someone for something, and aren't getting the reply you need, let me know, and I'll track it until it's resolved. 

IE, anything nobody else has time for.  My job is to free you from having to handle the unexpected, so you can do your own job without worry.  (crossing fingers) 

If all else fails, just ask me, and if it isn't my job, I'll find out whose job it is, and get them on it. 

The Buck Stops Here at Switchboard Station
Liberty and a plethora of others.  Altaholic.  SG Starfire.
"...and it's never too late to stop being afraid..." 
"...have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?
"And your Moment of Truth is the day that you say, "I'm not scared!"
"Unity" - - Shinedown

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
I won't be able to attend live for the bulk of the entertainment/vigil, but I'll likely be parking a character near the capitol building.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
correction, to the broadcast tonight! Since we published the show as two hours. Listeners can hear the full two hours of Paragon radio LIVE tonight! Usually when we schedule a 90 minute show, the "after party can only be heard at a later date. So, since we are airing live bonus time, the listeners get live bonus time too!! :)

madvyking

• Minion
Congrats to all who all who made this possible. I and my group Paragon Dawn  had a great time on the cryptic games.

And as i said , if you guys come to champions, Loook me up. you got a friend there

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
Can someone post some screens from the 13th Anniversary Celebration.My system crashed today (had to reinstall windows) and I lost all of my screenshots.I am so glad badges are saved to accounts :)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
I'll start posting screenshots in a day or two.   :)