Author Topic: Justice League Dark  (Read 1973 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Justice League Dark
« on: February 01, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »
The movie is interesting. It's the DC version of Doctor Strange. This movie does actually feel like an R rating movie than the Killing Joke. I don't know who is John Constantine. I didn't watch the show other than a guest star on Arrow last season.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Justice League Dark
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:42:22 AM »
Good to know it has a dark and adult tone.  That is what the series was so it is what the movie needs to be.  I'm looking forward to seeing it myself but I'm hoping to pick up a digital code cheap or free so it will probably be a while before I give up and buy the blu-ray.

And if you read comics and want to know who Constantine is then try looking through back issue boxes for issues of Hellblazer.  They are well worth the read.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 01:56:41 AM »
I didn't find it particularly dark or adult toned. It was ok, mostly Constantine snark and Bats being grumpy about magic. Can't imagine it wouldn't be a bit dull at normal speed though. Better than the cw stuff but not in the TAS/JL/JLU/YJ league. But at least it didn't have Damien Wayne in it.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:48:19 AM »
Doesn't have Damien?  Good enough for me.  That's like when we found out the Hawks wouldn't be in season two of Legends.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:56:17 AM »
I really enjoyed it.  I was amused by how many times Batman's line was simply "hmm".  The Swamp Thing action was surprisingly good.  I agree with Vee that it wasn't particularly dark/adult, but I'd personally say it was a bit better than Young Justice.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »
I really enjoyed it.  I was amused by how many times Batman's line was simply "hmm".  The Swamp Thing action was surprisingly good.  I agree with Vee that it wasn't particularly dark/adult, but I'd personally say it was a bit better than Young Justice.

Personally I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as Young Justice.  But it was better than Throne of Atlantis and certainly worth watching.