Author Topic: Torchlight 2 + Camera Mod EXE file - closest gameplay I can find to COH  (Read 2696 times)

Takinalis

• Boss
I tried this game (Torchlight 2), and after a few hours dismissed it, and played more Diablo III *yuck*

So after playing a whole season of Diablo III, I was looking for something else to play. I was thinking, if only there was a Action RPG paced MMO (never happen) like City of Heroes...

So after trying Torchlight 2 again, I realized that the zoom panned a little... so I searched for a camera hack... and found one. And it's super fun. I'm about 40 hours in right now... and it's not City of Heroes, but after some configuration (bind camera program to left click instead of middle click helps) it's the closest thing I can find.

Short gameplay video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XatZGEN6oY

The program I found by following this forum: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=40402

I haven't had this much fun with a game since City of Heroes.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:02:53 AM by Takinalis »
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
Re: Torchlight 2 + Camera Mod EXE file - closest gameplay I can find to COH
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »
That's an interesting way of playing TL.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 01:11:24 PM »
Theres another mod that add TL1 classes, specifically the Destroyer (i think it was), which more than a little resemble a Warshade...

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »
The gameplay is still great!

But the community, events, travel powers, complexity of power progression.... all missing.

It's sort of like a what if where someone got COH working again, but only in offline mode, and not all the powers and classes worked.
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 06:07:29 AM »
Thanks for the pointer Takinalis! This was actually the first game I settled on to fill time I used to play CoH with when not with my group. A bit burned out on sword and sorcery, but it was simple enough... that was when my son pointed out the gameplay was similar to Marvel Heroes, which I had long dismissed it as not playing enough like CoH... but decided to start playing there, because it was Super Heroes, and an effective time killer when I only had small blocks of time.

So, I gave the mod a try a little earlier today. I couldn't get it to work just right, I'll have to mess with it more, I think.

Thanks for the idea and links though!

Lyc~