Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0.11 Patch Notes  (Read 48661 times)

Kawless

• Minion
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0.11 Patch Notes
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2017, 07:36:08 AM »
Anyone have any hints on where the new Cage Fighter badge location might be found?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:42:47 AM by Kawless »

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2017, 10:09:40 AM »
How did you manage such witchcraft!?!?!?

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2017, 11:43:43 AM »
That's because Mr. CW is a certified Warlock and master of his craft! :D
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

JordanYen

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »
The green zone is incredibly well done! It feels like a natural addition to the game... and by that I men end-game addition where the Paragon team was getting much better at making new things.

EDIT: I looked around more closesly and there are some really cool nooks. It's such a clean design with fun extras all in a small space. It's just great! I hope Demon Hunter is reading this thread because as a web designer and UI advocate (unofficial... I just complain a lot when it's bad), I'm really impressed!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:10:31 PM by Jordan Yen »

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Egads! You spoil us rotten, CW (and Demon Hunter and others).

Thanks!
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2017, 03:53:00 PM »

Found a way to re-enable the default idle animations for many of the static NPCs throughout the game world. Mercedes Sheldon can finally get her legs out of the couch!

Great!  The game seems much more alive now.

Katzen

• Paragon Press Swimsuit Edition 2016
  • Underling
  • the fattest chinchilla in Paragon
    • My blog - Some NSFW, view at own risk.
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
i finally don't have to pray that licking CW's boots would get us hover...

but im pretty happy with the progress so far <3 really helps when im roleplaying. big hugs to the team.
hello, you may have stumbled apon my fourm profile! i'm a roleplayer - from Freedom server - main is/was Lynx the pink kitty, 50 scrapper. was in the Bulletproof SG. (?????)? / i play champs under the global @littlemissmarsh

DB editor. somewhat good at it. pm in game for @Katzen

im ALSO @littlemissmarsh on Champions Online.

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2017, 04:48:23 AM »
I hope Demon Hunter is reading this thread because as a web designer and UI advocate (unofficial... I just complain a lot when it's bad), I'm really impressed!

Indeed, I am reading here! I thank you and everyone else who has had such kind words for the work I've done in Pocket D. The comments really mean a lot to me! :)
"In my dreams, devil, I soar through a far finer world than this. I dine and dance among graceful goddesses on the other side of the universe, and share home and hearth with heroes. In reality, here -- now -- I'm just another man, in a role I was never meant to play...."

Marine X

• Minion
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
Simply an Amazing job folks, I have my "Golf" back, really just savoring that there are actual things to do now.
Looking forward to any future updates, but this is Huge.
When it's too tough for everyone else,
It's just right for me.......
( unless it's cold, or raining , or dirty,
 or there are Sappers, man I Hate those Guys )
                                                                   Marine X

Primus1

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »
We could easily just donate to him and pay his salary for a year. :)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2017, 07:27:11 PM »
There is a PayPal donate link on the cohtitan.com home page.  But it comes with a huge caveat.

This has been discussed before, and probably bears repeating: we can't campaign to fund Paragon Chat development, since the project is lightly traipsing the border of an illegal client to City of Heroes.  (I won't go into the semantics of why, as that will make this thread become a copy of "New Efforts".  Literally 100's of pages have been dedicated to this already.)  Because of this, telling folks straight up that we're taking money for development would make a Cease and Desist order much more likely to occur.

Therefore if you want your money to go strictly to Paragon Chat, then don't donate. There is no answer that makes what you want to happen possible at the moment (laws do change, so I won't say never).

If you donate to PayPal, the funds go towards the general operation of Titan Network, which include the XMPP server that Paragon Chat runs upon (from what I understand, it's a vanilla install for the most part, there's no magic to it other than handling chat traffic), these boards, our host, the wiki, etc.  Unlike Humble Bundle, there's no 'control' on what your funds go to other than keeping the Titan Network and all of its associated sites rolling on.

If you're okay with that reality, then go for it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:27:16 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2017, 12:07:38 AM »
the XMPP server that Paragon Chat runs upon (from what I understand, it's a vanilla install for the most part, there's no magic to it other than handling chat traffic)

It is a completely vanilla Openfire server. Nothing is needed on the server side, intentionally. All the magic happens on the player's computers.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 02:50:31 AM »
Patch 1.0.11.

Warlock wizardry from he who walks with code.

Impressive release from Codewalker.  Is this map editing(?!) I spy? :o

Well done Codewalker and DemonHunter (impressive debut...take a bow.).  (Community contribution.  Intrigue...  Map editing.  Further intrigue.)

What teasery is this?  A test of 'new technology' to enable the above...

Lua scripting on the horizon? 

And 'It's Alive!  ALIVE!'  NPCs with 'cycling' animations.  Ms. Liberty looking more like her 'old' self.

What chance Paragon's mobs to spawn in situ running through idling animations?  That would look kind of spooky though.  Them standing there...idling...waiting for the day for pathings and combat to drop.

Hover.  Yes!  Very fast.

SJ.  Extremely fast.

Fly.  Is that turbo flight fast? ;)  I think I even got motion sickness switching between SJ and Flight.  Very fast indeed. 

TP.  Is that a new aura on TP?  Like the longer TP 'where shall I go...next..?' timing rather than the 'oh golly...hit the button quick...'  (Where?)  ANYWHERE!  Just don't fall to my doom quick. 

Any chance of TP's Recall Friend for Paragon Chat teaming?

I wonder when the 'RPG' map instance and NPC summoning with RPG powers is going to drop?  Be nice to summon NPCs like you could in Icon.  (Wasn't in on the timeline at 1.2?) 

I'm curious.  We've got all the maps.  Map making and editing technology.  Travel portals working.  All the travel powers.  'Chat' (and the back space 'beep...')  NPC animations...  Map editing.  Snowballs.  Badges.  Teaming.  SG Bases (on the developer edition of Paragon Chat...).  That's a remarkably amount of the game's infrastructure right there...

What's next?  Muses*

Pets?  The power tray list?
Getting SG bases into the standard PC edition?
Private Instance maps with static NPC spawning for RPG'ing?
Self affecting power auras?
Powers and combat dummies?

Watching Paragon Chat's Progress with Great Interest.

Excellent.

Azrael.