Author Topic: Seriously, I want our world back.  (Read 8689 times)

Alpha Series

• Lieutenant
Seriously, I want our world back.
« on: October 02, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »
 Hello everyone...

I realize everyone in reach probably feels the same way I do. I want to say it again for the record and to whomever might actually be listening. I really miss CoX and all of its participants. I'm certainly glad that some action is being taken to restore our world, even though the speed at which this is being pursued is maddeningly slow. So slow in fact I'm concerned about the time space continuum being ruptured or irrevocably damaged by the work of certain individuals (or an entire company) designed to stop restoration efforts for all time!
I REALLY MISS CoH! Not a day goes by I don't quietly say to myself how much fun CoH was and how much fun it would be to log on even for a little while to update a hero or travel around Paragon visiting other heroes. I wish there was some action we could take to assist in getting a certain company who must not be named to get off their collective tuckus and get something actually accomplished. Personally I'm so damn frustrated with those pancake heads I'd like to take real action to get them to move. It's been years I've been patient for some progress...any progress...SOMETHING!
Now we're coming up on 4 years since the shutdown. I hate that we've gone this long without our alternate lifestyles. Of course I have other things to do and many other projects to start and complete. But the diversion of taking part in CoH was so therapeutic that I could totally reset myself and devote myself to my RL projects with complete dedication and ease.
OK. I've said enough. I wish this comm could be directed at those-who-must-not-be-named. I'd really like to yell at them directly and without middle persons. I have some really strong emotions AND logic to subject them to. If anyone suddenly decides a letter or email flood should be initiated I want to participate.
I wish you all well, and may RL be your plaything to control as you see fit. I remain in the shadows, quietly observing  and waiting for the day I rejoin all of you on the streets and skies of Paragon.
"You've started an interstellar war!" "No, I didn't start it. But I'm liable to finish it."

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Seriously, I want our world back.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM »
I feel the same - Paragon and all the zones felt like a real city to me.

Even thought it had bus stops but no buses, and old ladies who could hold on to their purses even against the Hulk!

Even though its empty - that Icon program at least let me visit all the zones again. And I have yet to try the Paragon Chat or whatever but I will get to that soon.

Even if that game came back exactly as it left - Issue 23, and stayed that way forever, as long as it was running, I would be there every day.

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »
I still catch myself fantasizing about the CoX world.  Hero-side and Villain-side were real places I used to adventure in.  Atlas Park was always alive with the hustle and bustle of a living city.  I miss it all so much.  :'(   No matter how long it takes, I will always be waiting for the day CoX returns.  ;D

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 07:02:52 PM »
Me too, Citizen.  Me too.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 07:15:07 PM »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 09:37:41 PM »
I wonder if it would have worked with Windows 10...
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 04:47:16 AM »
Absolutely nothing has scratched that itch, and I gave up trying.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

hindimjr

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 04:56:55 AM »
Me too, Citizen.  Me too.
  ME TOO!! :-)

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »
  ME TOO!! :-)

me too....  I would pay an ungodly amount of money, spend an obscene amount of time and do things I would need to confess directly to the pope to get this game back.

I mean it.... anything.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »

I play CO and DCU online maybe a few hours a month, if I am in the mood. And only to get my superhero fix.

COH I used to play 3 or 4 hours a day, 7 days a week. More on weekends and special events.

Was so gutted when I logged in one day and saw the message about it shutting down.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 01:18:37 PM »
I play CO and DCU online maybe a few hours a month, if I am in the mood. And only to get my superhero fix.

COH I used to play 3 or 4 hours a day, 7 days a week. More on weekends and special events.

Was so gutted when I logged in one day and saw the message about it shutting down.

Same here.  If that much.

DCUO is like the arcade videogame version of CoH, and CO is like the kiddie cartoon version.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »

I Love Titan Icon, and what it gave back to me (that was a HUGE help... I can't count how many times I pulled it up just to run in and out of Atlas to hear the music swell up with no other agenda but to hear it).

I Love Paragon Chat, and what it gave back to me (even though the rest of my SG misses the 'action' in it so to stay with them I don't hop in as much as I want)...

That they're starting the work for bases is incredible to me... based on the hints they've tossed in these forums (and I'm hoping to use as a way of pulling them into using it and toying with it). As long as it's not more complex than it was before... right?

That slowly, but surely, we will ALL get our City back... somehow... even if it's 'kind of' what we had... keeps me here. Hoping.

The fact that ANY of us are here years after the 'Going Dark' occurred is a testament to the faith of everyone that Remains, and I thank you all for proving that this City is a special thing, that is greater than the sum of its parts... including us- individually. We all keep coming back, hoping for more- even when we had nothing to expect, we still did... and we have what we do now...

I waste most of my spare time in Marvel, because it's a great time-killer, and everyone else in the SG agrees since most of the time we're playing we're going through the same rotes of the dailies and weekly events while chatting about life... but I want our City back. A City everyone can come together again in.

I can't imagine the amount of work that's been done to create what we even have now (no, I really can't... I don't know enough about programming to guess- When I was in school they had programming classes that had you move an- I think- 8-bit object across a screen in DOS) but I hope they keep fighting, pushing, and doing all they can to bring it back to everyone like they've been doing.

I'm not even sure I can say "Next year, in Paragon" because I've been able to celebrate "This year, in Paragon" with everyone... even if I'm not bashing Hellions to do it. I can still /em holdtorch as much as the next player.

...Never give up... Never surrender. We'll find our way back... completely, one day, somehow.

Lyc~

Plinkyplonk

• Minion
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 09:30:36 PM »
Yep, I feel the same way. It is the only game I never got bored with. I miss the TF/SF Sundays marathon sessions too.

In one of his many interviews Matt Miller has said the code is such a mish mosh of multiple languages though that I doubt NCS has the talent or wherewithal to accomplish a comeback and whoever gets it (if they ever do) will have their work cut out.

But on a positive note, I started watching Chuck yesterday (never saw it before) and I was delighted to see this pic ..

IMG not showing so here is the link  - http://imgur.com/a/Uhbx2

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 01:11:40 AM »
Yep, I feel the same way. It is the only game I never got bored with. I miss the TF/SF Sundays marathon sessions too.

In one of his many interviews Matt Miller has said the code is such a mish mosh of multiple languages though that I doubt NCS has the talent or wherewithal to accomplish a comeback and whoever gets it (if they ever do) will have their work cut out.

But on a positive note, I started watching Chuck yesterday (never saw it before) and I was delighted to see this pic ..

That's one of the reasons I wished that Cryptic had been able to buy it back. They are probably the only company out there that would have a realistic shot at getting the game running again.

IMG not showing so here is the link  - http://imgur.com/a/Uhbx2

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 07:40:21 PM »
doc7924 (and other CoXers), come on over to Paragon Chat!  We have a low population right now, but at least you can see the City and some familiar faces and names! When you get here, yell for crashpositron.  If I'm in, I'll give you the Tour!

Folks at a thecaperadio.com dance party.

Some members of the Catgrrl Brigade in Kings Row.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:18:28 PM by crashpositron »

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 08:34:09 PM »
Just in case I'm not in, here is my basic orientation spiel (somewhat annotated):

The basic run-down of Paragon Chat: (Several paragraphs follow, but hang in there - useful info!)
Most folks are in-game between 5 and 11PM EST, either in Pocket D or Atlas.

All the trams, Facemakers, Icons, tailors and doors work. Binds and macros work now.  If you will look in the Powers button (above the power bar) you will find new travel powers. Drag them into your power bar.

We have live DJs in-game three or four times a week.  They normally are in Pocket D or in Atlas. 
https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12086.msg  Also others at random. 
Check with folks in-game to see when to expect them.   In fact, DJ Thunder pops in (most) Thursdays and Fridays about 5 - come on over!
DJ Havok is a fairly new arrival - he's Monday nights at 11PM.  We get a fun crowd there!

About once a quarter we have get-togethers.  The last one was July 2nd in Founders. There are CCs about once a week here in Atlas. Check in PChat or Caperadio channels and ask folks when they are. The next one is Nov 30th I believe.

Here's a fun thing: type this in without the quotes and then press ENTER. "/chanjoin caperadio". Then you can go to Chat Tab 4 and add Caperadio and Paragon Chat to the tab and have most of the busiest chat in one place.

Here's a macro to help you get around: "/macro PCTA mapmenu"  After you press ENTER, clicky the new button you just made. (it should appear in your Power Bar.) Cool, yes ?

CodeWalker and his crew are constantly working to give us new features. There is an mod that adds instant travel, emotes, combat moves, and costume changes.  Its a big link and it ends in an L.  You will have to stretch your chat window to get it all. You have to exit PChat and COH to install it. Takes about 5 minutes, including the reading. (You can copy the link and paste directly into your browser.)

https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11188.0.html <-- ends in L

The mod also gives you access to a new Zone! I'm crashpositron in chat.  Feel free to call on me! I hope the information helps!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:54:58 PM by crashpositron »

CosmicShade

• Underling
  • I stand on the wall. None may pass.
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 06:47:45 PM »
Thought I would share this as a little ray of happy.

Years ago, I had to sit with my god daughter and watch big crocodile tears well up in her eyes as I told her and her father that our beloved city was going away.  For weeks after that, she would ask me at every opportunity if it was coming back.
A week ago, I sat on the phone with her Dad and I could hear her and her sister in the back ground, as they both let out little teenage squeals of joy when he explained Paragon Chat to them.
In that moment, I felt like I could fly.
Be careful where you shine your light, there are things in shadow that do not wish to be found.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 01:02:43 AM »
I feel like everyone else. CoH was very personal to me.

I was hoping the Kickstarter successor game would be active by now. It only shows that
City of Heroes was a true programming gem...even if some say the code is spaghetti.

I was about to try 2nd Life when I got news of Paragon chat..So this is as close as I can get to my old stomping grounds...I give up on waiting for NCsoft, they make absolutely no sense as a business model not to sell what is by now obsolete in the gaming world. (in comparison to Todays games)

deadwor1d

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »
I return! Not that anyone actually remembers me. >.> This Paragon Chat thing is crazy cool...