Author Topic: Marvel Avengers Alliance shutting down  (Read 3454 times)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
Marvel Avengers Alliance shutting down
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:09:30 AM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:34:47 AM by Thunder Glove »

DBadger

• Lieutenant
Re: Marvel Avengers Alliance shutting down
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 11:10:38 AM »
This is the first relatively large facebook/mobile game closing down. Bet its a shock to quite a few users. Maybe people will stop throwing money at them.

I love the way games companies do this and make it sound like they are doing you a favour ''we plan to focus our efforts on new games for our fans and community''

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 02:09:21 PM »
They barely even have other games.  I'm not sure what they're going to focus on, unless it's something entirely new.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 08:08:49 PM »
This game has been my methadone while waiting for CoH to return. I'm feeling the impact twice over because it's bringing back so many memories of the original shutdown.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
It appears that this is the end of Playdom itself, even.  I guess, as a fully-owned subsidiary of Disney Interactive, this was bound to happen sooner or later (since Disney said they don't want to make games anymore, just license them to outside companies).

They apparently shut it down not because it was doing badly, but because just MAA2 was doing badly, so Disney just threw out both games and called it a day.  (That's also shades of CoH, since CoH itself was still turning a profit, but Paragon Studios as a whole was not, so they shut down everything)

I know there's other Marvel games out there, but I like the turn-based RPG combat system and the Deep Cuts into Marvel lore.  There's loads of Marvel games where you can play as Iron Man or the Hulk, but where else can I make a team of Elsa Bloodstone and Howard the Duck?  Or Mantis and Knight America?  Or Ronan and White Tiger?

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 04:10:19 PM »
I know there's other Marvel games out there, but I like the turn-based RPG combat system and the Deep Cuts into Marvel lore.  There's loads of Marvel games where you can play as Iron Man or the Hulk, but where else can I make a team of Elsa Bloodstone and Howard the Duck?  Or Mantis and Knight America?  Or Ronan and White Tiger?

I actually just got White Tiger up to level 9 last night, and ran her in the SHIELD Simulator with Faiza Hussein and Hyperion (speaking of deep cuts).

Also speaking of deep cuts, White Tiger gouged her way through Jack O'Lantern for 60,000 damage with her level 9 ability. I think they would have done another balance pass on her if they weren't shutting down in a month, because she is SICK. :)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 04:56:00 PM »
Agreed.  I'm 100% certain she was only released in her current state due to the shutdown, because she was not balance-tested at all.  She is overpowered from every direction at once, and it's glorious.