Author Topic: Paragon Chat not updating from 0.98d  (Read 1757 times)

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
Paragon Chat not updating from 0.98d
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »
Hi all - I've been getting really nostalgic the last few days and tried to log into Paragon Chat.  I can log in, and I can see lists of people in the main channel, but I'm having an odd problem where my copy of Paragon Chat doesn't seem to be automatically updating (it's been a while since I logged in; it can be painful, sometimes). 

Every time I click the shortcut, the login window that pops up tells me I have Version 0.98d Beta.  I've got the "Automatically install all upgrades" selected, but that's not doing anything to help.

I tried ParagonChatBootstrap, but get this error when I run it: "Failed to find a suitable location to install Paragon Chat. Please run using the -pcdir command line flag to manually specify a location."  I'm not sure whether this was the right thing to try, regardless, but it seemed like something.  Maybe the error has to do with me already having the program installed?

Anyway, I'd like to be able to get in with the full-function version of the client; do I need to delete PC and reinstall?  Advice on what to try would be much appreciated.  If I can provide more information (running Win10, etc.) I'm happy to do so.

Thanks!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat not updating from 0.98d
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »
The way to fix it would definitely be the bootstrap in order to get on a modern version without having to jump through multiple update hoops. That's a very unusual message to get from it, it should only appear if the bootstrap can't find your user profile.

I'm PMing you a link to a build from the testing branch that uses a more interactive bootstrap, can you try it and let me know what happens?