Author Topic: Doctor Strange trailer #2 looks like the real deal  (Read 2028 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Doctor Strange trailer #2 looks like the real deal
« on: July 25, 2016, 08:41:59 PM »
I've been waiting for a faithful cinematic depiction of Doctor Strange for over thirty years.  This is the version of Doctor Strange I didn't know I wanted until I saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM

I'm looking forward to seeing Suicide Squad.  I'm interested to see where Warner takes Justice League.  I'm liking Ben Affleck's Batman so far, warts and all.  And I'm an equal opportunity Marvel/DC fan.  But Marvel seems to just know what I want to see on screen and is willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to allow me to see it.  I know not everyone is as enthused.  I just don't know how I got so lucky.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Doctor Strange trailer #2 looks like the real deal
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »
I'm more of a DC fan, but Marvel has been more consistent in entertaining me with shows and movies for awhile now.  I'm certainly very interested in the Doctor Strange movie.  And the recent Iron Fist trailer looks promising as well.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:33:26 PM »
It's looking good.  Rather see 3 fingers rather the whole hand splayed out.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 04:47:26 AM »
Strange: "What's this?"
Mordo: "The Wi-Fi Password.  We're not savages."

Chiwetel Ejiofor is still awesome after all of these years... I'm glad they cast him.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 05:55:36 AM »
Never heard of the guy.  Looking at his credits on imdb gave me one movie I've seen with him in it, assuming it's not a different movie named Serenity, but I have no recollection of his character.  But now I know what name Andre the Black Nerd was mangling when he talked about the trailer...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Magus Prime

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 07:40:58 AM »
He played the main villain.  I'm jealous you forgot because that means you can watch it for the first time all over again.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 10:09:40 AM »
My only memory of the movie is that I hated it and there was a pointless character death.  While I may watch the series again, I'll probably never see the movie again.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
Strange: "What's this?"
Mordo: "The Wi-Fi Password.  We're not savages."

That is also an inside joke.  When they were first gearing up to make the Dr Strange movie Scott Derrickson (the director) tweeted out a page from the Into Shamballa graphic novel, which led people to believe they were going to do the Lords of Shamballa story from that book.  Turns out it was just he liked the artwork and was using the book as a back reference.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 02:33:09 AM »
My only memory of the movie is that I hated it and there was a pointless character death.  While I may watch the series again, I'll probably never see the movie again.

Kinky Boots, Inside Man, 12 Years A Slave are other examples of his work.  His first film appearance was in Amistad.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 05:46:25 AM »
And I know him from Serenity, 2012, Children of Man, Love Actually, The Martian and Salt.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot