Author Topic: Arrow Season 5  (Read 23569 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 5
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 02:41:47 PM »
Babylon 5! \m/

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 02:12:36 AM »
It's occurred to me that Talia may not be Prometheus, but she could be behind Prometheus.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Remember the drug that Malcolm used to control Thea into killing Sara? Right now, my main suspicion is that Talia's using that on Quentin. But the big hole in that possibility is, where does Quentin get the physical prowess that Prometheus has shown?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
But the big hole in that possibility is, where does Quentin get the physical prowess that Prometheus has shown?

It's magic.  Forzare!

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 07:13:36 PM »
I suspect Felicity's boyfriend.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Wow.  Telling total strangers your secret identity right out of the gate bit you in the ass?  I never saw that coming...

That said, I am interested in what Artemis' beef is.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Wow.  Telling total strangers your secret identity right out of the gate bit you in the ass?  I never saw that coming...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Maybe she's secretly Slade Wilson's daughter.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 02:44:34 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Not a beef.  In the comics and in Young Justice Artemis is the daughter of Sportsmaster who is a extremely skilled fighter whose gimmick is using sports equipment. So either she is the daughter of Prometheus or something similar.  She's doing a Terra/Teen Titans type infiltration.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 02:15:40 AM »
Wow. Between The Flash and Arrow, I never thought that it'd be this show that'd leave me impatient for the mid-season hiatus to end. It took me a while to figure out Diggle's deal:

Spoiler for Hidden:
I finally remembered that he's still a fugitive. So, Prometheus must have turned him in.
I'm really glad that I'm recording these mid-season finales; I had to re-watch the end to remember that. Plus, before the shows return, I can refresh my memory by watching them again.

It's going to be a LONG seven weeks.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »
You mean to say you can sit through these things twice?

But yeah, that was a pretty good ep by Arrow standards.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »
That was eye-rollingly melodramatic. And what an asinine cliffhanger.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »
Eye-rollingly melodramatic is SOP for arrow, though flash has been beating it lately since Cisco has upped his melodrama game  to metahuman levels.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Is Laurel a Time Remnant from Sara telling Darkhe about his future back in the 1980's on LoT?

Is "Laurel" one of those instances where someone completely unrelated happens to look exactly like someone else?  Someone Prometheus trained to act like Laurel? I feel this is far-fetched.  Evil twins (without alternate dimensions) are too soap-opera.

Is Laurel from another Earth?  I feel like this should be outside Prometheus' capabilities.  Unless E2 Black Siren made her own way back for some reason?  Seems like a stretch.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Is Laurel a Time Remnant from Sara telling Darkhe about his future back in the 1980's on LoT?

Is "Laurel" one of those instances where someone completely unrelated happens to look exactly like someone else?  Someone Prometheus trained to act like Laurel? I feel this is far-fetched.  Evil twins (without alternate dimensions) are too soap-opera.

Is Laurel from another Earth?  I feel like this should be outside Prometheus' capabilities.  Unless E2 Black Siren made her own way back for some reason?  Seems like a stretch.

Spoiler for Hidden:
How about a Dominator creation?  Why can't a crossover have lasting repercussions?

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 06:21:15 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Read another theory that Talia al'Ghul might have used another Lazarus pit.  Supposedly she's the woman in Russia where Prometheus learned his Arsenal Flips.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 07:06:21 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
My guess would have been a result of Flashpoint, but in that case she likely wouldn't have died at all and the team (specifically Oliver) wouldn't have mourned her death all season.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 11:45:34 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Black Siren's a possibility. If Flashpoint didn't delete her, are we supposed to believe that she's just been sitting in that pipeline cell since mid-May, screaming herself hoarse? Maybe someone with Team Flash briefed her on Earth-1's Oliver being alive and a hero, and having lost his Laurel, and maybe Siren wanted to meet him, and even join Team Arrow. Since the Arrowverse suits don't ignore the hiatus time, Team Arrow would have seven weeks to vet her, and integrate her into the team.

But... it wouldn't make sense for Team Flash to just release her, and let her go to Star City, without saying something to Team Arrow, or sending someone with her to make introductions and explain what's going on.
Just a thought.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 02:04:15 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm going to go with some explanation involving the delicious chocolate statue of her in the park and a magical top hat.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 11:51:17 PM »
For the benefit of anyone else who was also plagued by the familiarity of Prometheus' voice... Michael Dorn!

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 02:42:47 PM »
I'm happy with the Digg + Adrian subplot.  Clearly he's supposed to be Vigilante, so he needs some positive character development to counteract his vigilante work. /rimshot

Spoiler for Hidden:
So we finally get to see Talia. Cool!  Why was she looking for Oliver?

I'm surprised that the Laurel plot didn't go longer than a single episode.  It seemed like Prometheus was too! ;)

This season seems like it has more going on.  More threads where characters get to break off from the pack for a little bit before weaving back in.  I like it.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
The only good things about this episode were the subplots with Digg and Curtis.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.