Author Topic: Wonder Woman trailer looks good!  (Read 5142 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Wonder Woman trailer looks good!
« on: July 23, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
https://youtu.be/5lGoQhFb4NM

I'm looking forward to it.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Magus Prime

• Boss
Re: Wonder Woman trailer looks good!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 08:51:20 PM »
Indeed!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:36:27 PM »
Agreed.  Definitely looking forward to seeing more.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:34:49 PM »
I think its great it's in WW2 - just like it should be since that is her origin.

Hopefully DC starts getting some good films going for a change.

Marvel is leaving them in the dust as far as films and TV are concerned.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:49:21 PM »
I think its great it's in WW2 - just like it should be since that is her origin.

It's not in WW2; it's in WW1.

It looks awesome, too.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 12:51:39 AM »
It's not in WW2; it's in WW1.

It looks awesome, too.

Still - good enough for me. I guess I saw uniforms and planes and just assumed it was WW2 since that was the period the comics started in.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 04:05:07 AM »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 04:10:28 AM »
Best reaction to the trailer I saw on YouTube was when it started the reactor was "Oh look, color".  But it may be a case of Themyscira is saturated color and the rest of the world is Synder's undersaturated murderverse pallet.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »
Pfft.  None of *that* costume nonsense is important!  What really matters is whether she will spin to change into the costume...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 10:18:24 PM »
I think it could have gotten her arrested even on many public beaches. But in her street clothing as Diana Prince we've seen, she's entirely in keeping with the accepted norms of the period. I'm curious whether the movie will portray her in her costume in social or formal settings, and not just in very dangerous conditions where onlookers are too busy trying not to get killed in the fighting to be scandalized by what she's wearing.

Setting aside the notion of men being less likely to accept a woman fighting in a war (until they realize it is an indestructible woman fighting on their side), I'm not 100% sure of that myself.  The early 1900s were an interesting time in history for (women's) fashion, and while I'm not an expert I do know that there were some rather maverick stuff going on at the time, particularly among the aristocratic Europeans.  I mean, ironically you probably would get arrested at the beach for wearing this:

But it would be "daring" at a dinner ball.  And I don't know who was supposed to be wearing this anywhere in circa 1910 Europe:

But apparently someone was, as it dates from that period.  Prior to the war, there appears to have been a kind of fascination with appropriating "exotic" i.e. "foreign" stylistic touchstones and incorporating them into high fashion.  Far eastern and "oriental" influences seemed to be in vogue.  This was apparently actually an advertisement circa 1910:

So it is possible that at least among the aristocratic Europeans, Wonder Woman's costume would be seen as "scandalous" but in a "well, you know those foreigners" kind of way as opposed to a "oh my god protect the children" kind of way.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »
I'm very much in for this!

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 05:28:27 PM »
Juxtaposing the 'Princess of Peace" with "The War to End All Wars" is an interesting choice. I hope it pans out.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
The Amazon Paradox as quoted (strawmanned?) by Batman:

"'Force peace.' The Amazon tenet. 'Spread love and understanding... but don't be afraid to bloody your knuckles doing it.'"

From Kingdom Come:

Kingdom come is awesome!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 07:56:57 PM »
Kingdom come is awesome!

Alex Ross is on my short list for artists that I will give anything a chance if they worked on it.  I would watch Alex Ross paint a house.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 08:16:08 PM »
There are only a handful of comical booklets i've read that i'd consider great and he's responsible for 2 of them (assuming we're only counting the earth x stuff as one).

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 12:04:15 AM »
I would watch Alex Ross paint a house.
Entirely out of the blue, but for some reason I just decided I want to see him put on a giant afro wig, sit down at a canvas with some oil paints, and start painting some happy little trees.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov