Author Topic: Beauty & the Beast 1987  (Read 2025 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Beauty & the Beast 1987
« on: June 20, 2016, 10:51:40 PM »
I'm back to pondering a question that I've pondered, off and on, for years. I know that the famous Central Park tunnel entrance is actually in Griffith Park in Los Angeles (so, please, don't bother to correct me that the actual entrance, that they used in filming, was nowhere near Central Park. ;) ). But, did anyone ever figure out about where, in Central Park, the tunnel entrance was supposed to be? I'd bet that they never came straight out and said its location on the show, and I still haven't found anything online concerning clues as to its whereabouts.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Beauty & the Beast 1987
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 11:04:35 PM »
Head due east from the spot where kraven built his dinosaur zoo on amazing friends and then hang a right at the Orpheus gate from Percy Jackson. Should run right into it. If you're abducted by the Beyonder you've gone too far.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:44:05 AM »
Head due east from the spot where kraven built his dinosaur zoo on amazing friends and then hang a right at the Orpheus gate from Percy Jackson. Should run right into it. If you're abducted by the Beyonder you've gone too far.

In short, we have no idea.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 01:12:14 AM »
You weren't able to find the info online?  Is it possible you've stumbled upon the one meaningless bit of TV trivia that no one on the internet cares about?  I didn't think such a thing existed.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:08:16 AM »
Well, I've been able to narrow it down some. At classicalliance.net, they have a new link named "The New York City Sights of Beauty and the Beast". Clicking it takes you to a list of NYC places featured or mentioned on the show, and a small map of where they are. The "larger version of map" link takes you to a Google map, with descriptions of the sites. Clicking on the "Museum of Natural History" (toward the bottom of the list) shows the notation that, when Catherine fled the piano concert in "A Happy Life", she ran from there to the "culvert" (the tunnel entrance). So, unless she was in better shape than most lawyers in the D.A.'s office (and a good sprinter in either heels or bare feet, since she was dressed for classical music), it must be somewhere in the middle of the west half of the park, fairly close to the museum.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 05:04:33 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 04:43:27 AM »
What yous gotta do, is go straight back down West 42nd.  It'll be on the left, after Vanderbilt.  If you hit the Chrysler Building, you've gone too far.

Hey, wait for the light!
(freak)

[you're welcome]