Author Topic: Katzens 'lack of sleep' DB editing guide  (Read 2733 times)

Katzen

• Paragon Press Swimsuit Edition 2016
  • Underling
  • the fattest chinchilla in Paragon
    • My blog - Some NSFW, view at own risk.
Katzens 'lack of sleep' DB editing guide
« on: June 17, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »
you might be thinking, 'oh another db editing guide like we need more of those'

this is for dummies like me.

and for dummies like you who wanna do it - you're gonna get ya database editor (sqlite) from here -> http://sqlitebrowser.org/

good? good

open that, or click it to your desktop/whatever thing.

you have icon? great! you -also- have icon with the accessible npc pieces? cool. you have icon that you can -go- into, like ingame and grab npc models? also great! (tl;dr just /access_level 9 pick your npc if you have a list of the model names and just /costume_save [namehere] - no spaces!)

if you have npc icon, always save a costume with the pieces you'd like. ALWAYS. and preferably open that with notepad or suchevers most available to you.

you're gonna open sqlite. and be confused probably. so you're gonna find your .db file most likely in your appdata to roaming folder to your 'ParagonChat' folder to the 'database' folder. you can manually open it by going into sqlite and simply hitting the 'open database' button.

example of an overly npc pieced character of mine -> http://prntscr.com/bhfujr -link to not take up the whole post!-

don't ask me too much about the colors, those still confuse me too.

but basically, from your npc costume file, wherever that's saved, all you do is take the geometries, and textures and plop em into those slots. AND DONT FORGET TO SAVE. SUPER IMPORTANT. generally you can db edit while pchat is open, but you should stay on the login screen to have easier access to looking at your character from selection.

also never feel afraid to poke me if im ingame about db editing. i'm here to help.

thnx for reading <3 and i hope this wasn't too confusing i am not able to sleep while i write this.
hello, you may have stumbled apon my fourm profile! i'm a roleplayer - from Freedom server - main is/was Lynx the pink kitty, 50 scrapper. was in the Bulletproof SG. (?????)? / i play champs under the global @littlemissmarsh

DB editor. somewhat good at it. pm in game for @Katzen

im ALSO @littlemissmarsh on Champions Online.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
Re: Katzens 'lack of sleep' DB editing guide
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 03:59:58 AM »
so editing your database can give you access to more costume pieces ?
Trying to see the advantage of doing this. ???

My understanding was paragon chat doesn't allow npc parts.

excuse my ignorance, I haven't edited databases, but I dabbled in some programming, so I may be able to
experiment.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:17:53 PM »
Some of the costume pieces that aren't available at the tailor work in Paragon Chat. For example, Statesman's cape makes your character invisible to everyone but you, but Statesman's belt works fine. There are also some unlockable pieces that I think were available in the live game, but only appear in Paragon Chat if you edit them in, Rularuu eyeballwear for example.

Katzen

• Paragon Press Swimsuit Edition 2016
  • Underling
  • the fattest chinchilla in Paragon
    • My blog - Some NSFW, view at own risk.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 06:15:38 PM »
yeah- so basically some fx (like some capes, ghost widows hair, recluses backpack etcetc) can and will make you invisible, so it's advised to not really use those unless you can find yourself really a good replacement to them.
hello, you may have stumbled apon my fourm profile! i'm a roleplayer - from Freedom server - main is/was Lynx the pink kitty, 50 scrapper. was in the Bulletproof SG. (?????)? / i play champs under the global @littlemissmarsh

DB editor. somewhat good at it. pm in game for @Katzen

im ALSO @littlemissmarsh on Champions Online.