Author Topic: City of Heroes Inspired Comic?  (Read 1343 times)

Lunabean

• Underling
City of Heroes Inspired Comic?
« on: June 16, 2016, 11:17:25 PM »
So I'm new to the City of Heroes community (honestly I downloaded Icon just to mess with superhero suits  ;D) but recently I started to think that maybe it would be kind of cool to make a comic out of CoH's assets. I'm working on ripping out models, and once I have that down I'm going to start rigging them in Blender and posing them and stuff. If I can manage it, I would like to start my own comic. It wont have anything to do with the lore of CoH, mostly because I don't know it and probably can't do it justice having only arrived on the scene a couple of months ago and actually started interacting with the community as a whole just a couple of weeks ago. It would feel like trying to write a sequel to a novel I never read.

I guess my main reason for posting this is I want to see what people who have been around for a while, even after CoH went offline think about this idea and maybe get some story ideas, characters, anything you guys want to contribute to the 'cause'. I'm not saying it's a sure-fire thing, but I thought it would be fun to try. What does everyone think?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: City of Heroes Inspired Comic?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 03:01:48 PM »
You do know they had an official comic book for City of Heroes...

Not sure how long it lasted but I remember getting a free year when I bought the game.

Most of my issues are still in the plastic bags and never opened.

Lunabean

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:48:01 AM »
Yes I was actually aware of the official comic, but I wasn't talking about recreating CoH in comic form. I was just thinking of using the CoH assets to make a superhero comic in its own universe.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »
This was actually something done by quite a few people while the game was still running. City of Comic Creators, I believe it was called. I don't know how many people still use it for that purpose, but there's at least a wiki set up that you can use for reference on some bits.

http://mmocomicindex.com/

Lunabean

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 10:24:38 PM »
Thank you, this will make for some good inspiration, and some interesting reading.