Author Topic: Preparation for the future.  (Read 2817 times)

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Preparation for the future.
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:54:39 AM »
Okay, theoretically if I were to get a new computer, what specific file would I need to copy over to make sure all of my characters in Paragon Chat were available on that machine?

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
Re: Preparation for the future.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 05:09:51 AM »
Warning - I am a belt-and-suspenders-type person.  You could probably do this in less steps, but I like to double-check everything.... :roll:

Copy your COH folder to get all the Issue 24 files and put them in a place you will remember (lets say C:\COHFILES)
Then start the PChat client (but don't go into COH).  Clicky the picture of the folder and copy all the files in that folder into the new PC (say, C:\COHOLD) .
Install PChat on the new PC. Use the folder option to find the location of the new folder. Copy the files from C:\COHOLD into that folder.

(If PChat doesn't find the Issue 24 files, use Browse and click C:\COHFILES and it will locate them)

Just to make sure we don't overwrite some location-specific files, install PChat again after the copy. Start PChat, make sure it works, then install QChat. 

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 05:28:21 AM »
Okay, theoretically if I were to get a new computer, what specific file would I need to copy over to make sure all of my characters in Paragon Chat were available on that machine?

Use the folder button in the paragon chat main window to open Explorer directly to Paragon Chat's folder. There's a subfolder called Database, it contains the file you need (ParagonChat.db).

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:52:11 PM »
Or that, since he knows which folders are critical