Author Topic: Fire Powers FX in any direction working  (Read 28863 times)

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
Fire Powers FX in any direction working
« on: June 01, 2016, 04:57:10 AM »
Working with a developer who know ways more about hacking game code than I, we came up with a solution to fire FX in any direction!

Place this patched version of icon in your coh directory and launch

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lo402zqwqfa7rd/MFCICON.exe?dl=0

follow instructions to hack a costume file with an FX power
https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11904.msg206033#msg206033

instead of typing /loadcostume costume

type

/loadcostume costume x:22 y:33 z:25 - the FX will fire towards those coordinates!

source code can be found here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8k61khsh0gn1lth/AACBOqqXu8BX_wnQ-M6SUYRqa?dl=0

Serena

• Underling
Re: Fire Powers FX in any direction working
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
This works! (orgasm)

I hated being locked at 0,0,0.

Don't supposed you've figured out how to make walk and ninja run work with icon too have you? Best I can do for walk is have a keyboard macro time pressing w or right + left clicking.

Also does this work yet in paragon chat? I mainly use icon for videos but id like to one day use paragon chat to make fight videos requiring control of multiple characters at once. And im afraid im not smart enough to code demorecords.
You have not, because you try not.

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 10:25:39 PM »
I have indeed figured out how to get  other movements working in a way. As well as I'm in the process of developing a lot more features that would make fight simulations a lot easier to do.

Basically I'm creating an external application that hooks into icon to do the following
- catalogue  crowds of characters
- catalogue scenes with sound, events and crowds
- associate characters with abilities, a sequence of Movs, FX, and sound
- move character, single or in crowd mode external to the camera character
- support combat sequences including knockback, unconscious, hit and miss
- call keybind commands through an API

I have 3 developers working on the project full time so expect a seriously cool application in a month or so.

Sadly this does not work with Paragon. If I had access to some of the big brains who know how to extend paragon, I would gladly point my team to working on that application. But until Paagon chat supports the same keybinds as Icon ( spawn, beNPC, loadcostume, etc) I'll continue to make this work with ICON.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 06:25:15 PM »
Hey Jeff,

Can you make a video and post it on here so we can see? Sounds pretty cool what you're accomplishing.

And another thing, though your post says any direction of fire with the powers. You give certain coordinates. Doesn't that make you shoot toward those coordinates?

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 10:45:21 PM »
Will do soon I want to work a few kinks out, and than will post some videos.

In terms of what I mean by any direction, is traditionally a power will fire towards 0,0,0. The way you get the power is by loading a costume with power FX in it. With my modified version of Icon you can set x,y,z to what ever value you want and the value will fire in that direction.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »
Hey Jeff,

How are things going with the project?

Regards!

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:37 AM »
Crowds work, a bug or two to fix
Custom animations associated to player work which includes
- MOVS
- FX
- Sound
Movements with collision detection, are being tested, some bugs to be worked out
Combat cycle almost done, Knockback stil to be completed

Once I get the bugs out and the above done, I'll release :)

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 10:38:51 PM »
Very nice! When you say crowds, do you literally mean citizens walking around the city? Also when you mention almost done with player animation with powers including MOV, FX and sounds. Are you doing that with all the powers in the game or just a few? Will this be a product that you give to the player and they need not add anything to it because it is a complete package, or does the player have to add and edit things? Hope that makes sense! Thanks Jeff!

Regards

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 02:38:52 AM »
Let me explain :)
The application let's you create a virtual collection of characters and manipulate them in a way conducive to an RPG or tabletop battle game.

Crowds let you create groups of characters whose locations on the COH map can be saved, making it easy to create and reload entire scenes of characters

Characters are entities associated with one or more identity. Each identity can be associated with a model or costume, that can invoke an ability when the character changes identity. (Think ice man or old school Wonder Woman)

Character can also be associated with abilities, that can be invoked through the UI. An ability is a sequence of FX, MOVS, sound, and even references to other abilities.

Certain abilities can be attacks which support a full combat cycle animation, including Knockback and collision detection for the Knockback.

You can also move characters exactly like you can move the camera, but better you can drag a character to a destination and he will fly or run or TP there.

So you basically use my app to create custom characters with a UI that makes it easy to access MOVS FX, sound, etc

I also have a data entry guy reversing all the COX abilities so they will come with the first release preconfigured. Ie add blaster, defender, whatever powers to your character

I'll have a much better user manual description sooner to the release that makes sense

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 12:12:35 AM »
Thanks Jeff, and that makes sense! Do you have an estimation of when the first release will be available? Really looking forward to the program!

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 06:16:17 PM »
I think 4 - 6 weeks. Implementing movement with collision detection has been a real beast, but is almost working. Once that is done the focus is on bugs, and enhancing the UI to make things like dragging and dropping character around the tabletop feasible. Also am trying to include all the COX powersets pre-configured in this release, so you can create a character and attach a power, for instance fire bolt, and have your character use it in a way that looks exactly like it in COH...

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 03:53:46 AM »
Hey Jeff, happy holidays! How is the project coming along?  :D

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 04:23:43 AM »
I have about half the cox powersets entered, the UI and drag and drop features are done, just nailing down the final bugs!

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »
You know I wish I could help out. I am pretty stoked about playing with powers again. Would you say it is a time consuming process of entering data that anyone could do, or does it involve programming code and such?

How's the progress going by so far?

By the way will it be possible to incorporate the costumes already created in Paragon Chat into this?

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »
Just getting the installer working! otherwise the tabletop works great! I am finding a place to host it and getting a user manual written. Also need to figure out where to track bugs and support/

In the meantime download the installer from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j7pei76qi0eg2ml/AAC-yEwuWX9mMkifyOGJFp1ga?dl=0

This should work, if you already have con installed. Also recommend you install .net 4.6 first https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130 as that part of the installer is giving a bit of grief.

As for the powers yes anyone can do it! And I revers engineered the pigg files to understand what powerset has what FX and MOvs. For anyone wantingto try the app and/or add to the powers list please downlad above and install. Add any bugs or help needed to this post and my developer and I will repond here.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 03:23:13 AM »
Just getting the installer working! otherwise the tabletop works great! I am finding a place to host it and getting a user manual written. Also need to figure out where to track bugs and support/

In the meantime download the installer from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j7pei76qi0eg2ml/AAC-yEwuWX9mMkifyOGJFp1ga?dl=0

This should work, if you already have con installed. Also recommend you install .net 4.6 first https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130 as that part of the installer is giving a bit of grief.

As for the powers yes anyone can do it! And I revers engineered the pigg files to understand what powerset has what FX and MOvs. For anyone wantingto try the app and/or add to the powers list please downlad above and install. Add any bugs or help needed to this post and my developer and I will repond here.

Definitely seems to be problematic with installation. There was an error in it trying to find a sound file or something called "openFileDialog1". I try to choose the second option of installing Coh. but it is the same error. That particular file I am not sure where it is suppose to be. I do have Issue 24 installed. Any clue?

It actually seems to be looking for an archive file containing Coh, but I do not have that since I used the Tequila program to install I24 beta.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:33:49 PM by Voltixdark »

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 06:55:20 AM »
I have asked my developer to respond here. He says there is a sound.zip file missing. Once I grok what this is, ill make sure to provide a link...

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »
Here is a link to download the sound.zip file. Just feed it to the installer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/otgdnq6xfs8c7x8/sound.zip?dl=0
I will provide a comprehensive guideline doc shortly on how to use this installer.

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »
Please find the installation guidelines for users with already installed COH at-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuzw44g5pa3s150/Hero%20Virtual%20Desktop.docx?dl=0

Shidan

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »
Hmm... I'm simply crashing when I run it. Any thoughts?