Author Topic: Doom 2016  (Read 2298 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Doom 2016
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:52:18 AM »
So I picked up my copy today.

Anyone started playing it yet?  :)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Doom 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 02:46:54 AM »
Gotta say the graphics are pretty impressive on this game ... especially compared to Doom 3 BFG Edition which I played right before I bought this one.

I'll have more to say once I finish the single player campaign including some spoilers. :D

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 06:42:57 AM »
I'm really excited to buy it.  I won't be able to get it for another few days but as I soon as I get back from my trip I am just locking my self in a room, and spending the day shotgunning demons.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 07:58:15 PM »
Finished the solo campaign.  :)

I missed a lot of secrets and stuff so I'll play it again.

There's three boss fights. One took me several days to get through. The second one was a real pain until I learned a trick. I'll spoil it in case Taceus or anyone else wants to figure the fight out themselves but put it in this post in case anyone else gets frustrated.  :)

Spoiler for Hidden:
In the Hellguard Boss fight (which is the second one after the two part CyberDemon fight, the sphere he conjures before unleashing his fireballs can be exploded. Once you do that, it stuns him, and he drops health when you attack him for a few seconds. Finished the fight with full health.  :)

All in all, it was a fun little game, and I was blown away by how good the graphics were compared to the games I played on the 360.