Author Topic: A few Titan Network changes  (Read 2725 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
A few Titan Network changes
« on: May 05, 2016, 10:42:46 AM »
Hey all, hopefully all of this is transparent and you won't notice anything different today than yesterday, but as described in the Futureproofing the Titan Network announcement a while back, last night I moved the main CoHTitan (cohtitan.com) site as well as the forums over to the new server, which includes flipping them over to use SSL encryption and IPv6 connectivity (where available).  The DNS records are in the process of propagating so this change might not be immediate for you, but it should happen over the course of the next hour or two on average.  Over the past few nights, I've also migrated the Paragon Wiki and Ouroboros Portal over.  I'm still working on correcting the code for Tomax's site, but we'll get it worked out Soon.

We think this will be pretty much transparent, but there are two things we know about that you might run across:
  • Because our cookies are kinda wonky, you might get some weird PHP_SESSID stuff in your URL as you're browsing the forums.  It shouldn't hurt anything, but you if you see this, you might want to clear your cohtitan.com cookies from your browser.
  • Because we're using a third-party (CloudFlare) image hosting service for insecure (non-SSL) linked images, if you try to post a link to an animated gif using the [img][/img] tags here on the forums, it won't animate; it will just show the first frame as a static image.  Secure (SSL) linked images aren't sent to CloudFlare and will work normally.
If you notice anything broken or wonky, please let us know by posting a reply, or if the forums won't let you, ping us on Facebook or Twitter.  And thanks for bearing with us the past few nights while we've worked on the server.  We're committed to staying the home of the City of Heroes community!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:51:18 AM by TonyV »

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Re: A few Titan Network changes
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 11:31:19 PM »
Is  chat.cohtitan.com  no longer functioning for entering the Paragon Chat forums?

When I try, it takes me to the Paragon Chat screen with the mask, but if I click on "Forum"  from there, I end up with a
'404 Not Found" screen.  The Wiki link seems to work from there, though.

If I just go to cohtitan.com, and follow the forum links there, I can get into Paragon Chat, though, so that's good.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 02:20:38 AM »
That should be working now.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
I noticed my posting in Activities for the Player Mission script had a lot of unicode untranslated markers and wrong entities that didn't appear until recently. The original text was a cut-paste out of Google Docs. (Only reason I mention this: it appeared normal when I posted in in April.)

I cleaned it up to "keyboard safe" characters just now ("Keyboard safe" meaning no tilde n in Michael Pena's name, no Trademark symbol, etc.  If I can't type it without using a Character Map or Unicode chord like Alt-0149 in Windows, it's not in there now.) but there might be other posts that have this issue out there. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:45:43 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 04:24:03 AM »
I think that's being looked into (if it hasn't already been fixed.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 04:48:08 AM »
I noticed my posting in Activities for the Player Mission script had a lot of unicode untranslated markers and wrong entities that didn't appear until recently. The original text was a cut-paste out of Google Docs. (Only reason I mention this: it appeared normal when I posted in in April.)

I cleaned it up to "keyboard safe" characters just now ("Keyboard safe" meaning no tilde n in Michael Pena's name, no Trademark symbol, etc.  If I can't type it without using a Character Map or Unicode chord like Alt-0149 in Windows, it's not in there now.) but there might be other posts that have this issue out there.

Sekoia tackled this a little earlier tonight, UTF-8 characters should work fine now.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 06:51:57 PM »
That should be working now.
It does seem to be working now.  Thanks for looking into it.  :)