Author Topic: Unable download latest version.  (Read 2685 times)

Valkyrie Lummi

• Underling
Unable download latest version.
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:06:55 PM »
So I installed Tequila, and then did all the patches and such. When I click to play Paragon Chat, it starts to download the latest version and then this pops up:

I added the program/files to my AV exception list too.

So, what am I doing wrong? I've been trying to get this to work now for a few hours and I've looked through the forums for advice and nothing I do seems to work.

:) Thanks in advance!

- Lum
CoH gone but never forgotten.

OH HI PARAGON CHAT! *flies around*

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Unable download latest version.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:15:59 PM »
Try disabling it completely during the install, it's probably blocking the download of something it doesn't like even though you have the local copy on the exception list.

If that works, you can add in the exceptions you need and re-enable it once it's working.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 08:24:22 AM »
Looking at that screenshot, it looks like you've got a paragonchat.exe in the CoH folder added to exceptions but not the one in appdata. In the same folder as the paragonchatclient.exe you've got in there, there should be another paragonchat.exe. As I remember it at least, PC uses that one if it's newer and patches to there as well so your AV may be blocking the creation of that one.

Valkyrie Lummi

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »
Well it seems to work if I disable my AVG while I log on. It's probably not the BEST fix, but hey it works! Thanks though guys, much appreciated!  :)
CoH gone but never forgotten.

OH HI PARAGON CHAT! *flies around*