Author Topic: Paragon chat server down [Fixed]  (Read 4189 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Paragon chat server down [Fixed]
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:46:56 AM »
Ok, is the XMPP server down?  I was just about to start a plot that I haven't gotten a chance to start and had been waiting for a full month and now the entire XMPP apparently shuts down.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:54:03 AM by TonyV »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Sixpence

• Underling
Re: Paragon chat server down
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 01:53:06 AM »
Yep, it's down.  I'm sure it'll be back shortly.  CW is cool like that.   :)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 01:54:32 AM »
I hope so I had this day planned out, and just as enough people show up I get what amounts to a complete party crasher throwing a molotov in the party.  I'd been waiting and planning for weeks and stalled for nearly a month at this point for a plot I wanted to roleplay out and THIS HAPPENS AS I AM FINALLY GETTING STARTED.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 01:56:26 AM »
Confirmed.  Can't log in here either.

It might be a more broad outage.  Paragon Wiki among other services has "500" errors (Redtomax, CIT, CoHFaces, etc.), and the status icons in the Titan Network About page are all missing from the staff.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 02:08:15 AM »
I see the same errors, great.  Well i'm gonna play F new vegas for a short while then but given how hard it's been for me to finally find time for my plot only for it to be destroyed, god, this half amounts to having been trying to find time for a month to go to an amuzement park, finally getting there after 3-4 days trip to discover it was suddenly shut down for the day.

Edit: Well now it's in maintenance....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:14:59 AM by LaughingAlex »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 02:27:34 AM »
I'm sorry Alex.  :( I hope your fellow players understand it's out of your control.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 02:32:56 AM »
Yeah, and don't blame CW for this one, it's totally my fault.  I'm upgrading the server, it will be back up shortly.

I'm sorry, I figured everyone would probably be watching Game of Thrones.  :(  But I promise, it will be back ASAP.

NoreLineas

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 02:36:45 AM »
No worries!  Just glad there's a forum we can check instead of being left in pensive wonderment.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 02:37:25 AM »
Of course not.  If I watched HBO, I'd be following the zeitgeist and I wouldn't be here.

Much obliged, sir.  Thanks for not leaving us hanging.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 02:41:38 AM »
At least one of the people about to participate knows, actually two, although one of them was someone I was originally waiting on and had to leave behind so to speak :/.  I have my ipad so at least I can keep an eye on this while messing with new vegas, at least.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 02:53:47 AM »
Okay, upgrade is complete, and a minor SNAFU has been fixed.  Service is restored, woot!

NoreLineas

• Underling
Re: Paragon chat server down [Fixed]
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 02:57:10 AM »
Thanks TonyV!