Author Topic: 12th Anniversary Greetings (from outside Titan Net/PChat)  (Read 1484 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
12th Anniversary Greetings (from outside Titan Net/PChat)
« on: April 28, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »
This would probably be a niche group who would know Triumph players at all, but I have a Anniversary Message from a Super Group/Grand Coalition boss of ours this Anniversary.

To My Fellow Heroes (and Villains) in Arms,

Today would have been City of Hero's 12th Anniversary. I'm still surprised that NCSoft decided to pull the plug on such a wonderful game, especially with other more elder MMOs still out there. But I won't digress.

Life finally caught up with me near the end of CoH's run. Now, I have two kids, an Associate's degree, and other hobbies like cycling; I rarely touch my computer these days, except perhaps to play old Lucas Arts games like TIE Fighter. As a PC gamer, I'm out to pasture at the moment.

But I still have all the old CoH files on my computer. Game files, screen shots, chat logs, etc. I just haven't had the heart to remove them. Truth be told, I'll probably archive them on my network storage device. Because, for a time, the game was my life, and those files are my mementos.

And although I've moved on since then, I always remember Paragon City and my fellow players, some of whom I've kept in touch with since, with a fondness. Even though I spent perhaps too much time playing it, there was a reason for that - because of the game, and its community. There are some times when I wish I could re-roll my gargoyle as a Heavy Weapons Tank and tear through Skulls and Nemesis flunkies one last time.

I don't say much these days, but like my main character, a gargoyle, I'm always watching. Maybe I'll see you in the future on one of those "spiritual successors" when my kids are a little older.

Gratefully,
    Obsidius

Are there any other statements from around Social Media or such anyone wants to share?
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: 12th Anniversary Greetings (from outside Titan Net/PChat)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:30:53 AM »
Glad to see our resident gargoyle's doing well.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov