Author Topic: Thoughts on fallout 4's new survival, it sucks.  (Read 2033 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Thoughts on fallout 4's new survival, it sucks.
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:13:29 AM »
I cannot say much more than that.  Honestly though, it's in beta, but elitism seems to be dragging the difficulty into unapproachable and unplayable ranges.  Where to begin.

The sleep/food/water is fine, it's being adjusted but it in of itself isn't the biggest problem, in fact it's nice for a bit of roleplaying.
The realistic damage is fine, as the player isn't completely gimped now and can take enemies down, though people are complaining of bullet sponges and 2-3 shot deaths at 10 end, so I am suspicious.
The major problem is the save on sleep only and no fast travel.  No fast travel isn't a huge one by itself, but the save only on sleep merely inreases the iteration time.  I got bored after running back to sanctuary after two hours of play because I found myself endlessly running back to a bed to sleep.  Not to mention how crashy fallout 4 can be thanks to the ILS issues that I have making it unplayable.

They also lowered carry weight so much that they just as well have removed all weapons but semi-auto rifles and actually nerfed it further, I guess to appeal to elitists even more.

It's in beta but, I am not impressed and I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a piece of shit that only intolerant elitists enjoy.

It's CO all over again.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Thoughts on fallout 4's new survival, it sucks.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 06:48:46 AM »
I am trying to find a mod that lets me carry a sleeping bag with me, which would allow me to sleep anywhere as long as I'm not in combat or a hostile zone. I might have to create one but I have no idea how. lol
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal