Author Topic: Avira thinks Paragon Chat is a trojan.  (Read 4071 times)

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
Avira thinks Paragon Chat is a trojan.
« on: April 02, 2016, 11:26:52 PM »
It thinks its some xpac gen Trojan so I can't update Paragon Chat, and it always points to the app data location of my Paragon Chat files.

What do?

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: Avira thinks Paragon Chat is a trojan.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 01:42:41 AM »
Assuming you trust Codewalker that Paragon Chat isn't actually malware, go into the settings of your antivirus program and add exceptions for both ParagonChat.exe and ParagonChatClient.exe. I've never used Avira myself so you'll have to google something like 'avira exception instructions' if you don't know how.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 04:57:49 AM »
Turn off Avira, install the new PC, turn Avira back on and tell Avira to ignore PC. I don't know how to do that.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:05:11 AM »
Yes, turn off your anti virus for a few minutes.  You need to add folder exceptions for both o the paragon chats in your roaming folders and your client folder.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 03:08:09 AM »
If your AV vendor has a place to submit false positives, it might also help if a number of people do that.

LadyAndreca

• Underling
    • Extra Life link
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 11:47:11 PM »
FYI, Hitman Pro thinks it's a trojan, too.  Didn't on yesterday's scan, did today.

Edit: I reported it safe once I determined that it was actually in the proper folder and such.  I think it flagged it today because I updated it yesterday.