Author Topic: "Some Critical Issue 24 Files Could Not Be Found."  (Read 4539 times)

DoctorEvilface

• Underling
"Some Critical Issue 24 Files Could Not Be Found."
« on: April 02, 2016, 12:13:34 AM »
I seem to be hitting problem after problem. I wasn't sure if I should add to my other thread since it doesn't explicitly say if it's related to AVG, so here's another one:

"Some Critical Issue 24 Files Could Not Be Found. Please Check Your 'COH Install Folder' setting on the options page."

I will admit I'm not entirely sure what that means. The only thing resembling an "options page" I see is four buttons, "Open The Screenshot Folder, Open the Paragon Chat Folder, Visit the Titan Network website", and one that has a picture of a gear on it that I cannot click on.

I've checked my i24 folder that I have in My Documents, and everything seems to be in order there. I've also checked the Paragon Chat Folder and wasn't really sure what to do with it. I've tried reinstalling i24/Tequila/Paragon Chat several times today, but I'm still getting the message.

If the solution is obvious and I'm just being an idiot, I'm sorry. The technical side of computers is far beyond me. I just want to be able to hang out with my Cape Radio friends...
Steam: Doctor Evilface / TheCapeRadio: DoctorEvilface / Paragon Chat: Wildfire / Cryptic Handle: @doctorevilface

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: "Some Critical Issue 24 Files Could Not Be Found."
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 02:03:22 AM »
That's certainly bizarre... the check that has to fail to get that message is the same one that it has to pass in order to recognize it as an I24 install in the first place. The only way that should be able to happen is if the contents of the COH directory have somehow changed since then.

If you're comfortable using the registry editor, try deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ParagonChat\CohDir. That will force the setup pages to run again. See if they are able to find it anymore.

DoctorEvilface

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:06:03 AM »
That worked. Thank you, Codewalker. Was really getting frustrated with that.
Steam: Doctor Evilface / TheCapeRadio: DoctorEvilface / Paragon Chat: Wildfire / Cryptic Handle: @doctorevilface

popdoo

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 04:13:11 AM »
I had that problem too, did as you suggested, and the issue was gone, I could access paragon again......Until....The next time I tried to logon, it would'nt open and the message was:  unable to launch client process is not a valid Win32 application...  I dont know what is going on, every other time I try to use it, there is a error. Please help!!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 11:26:12 AM »
process is not a valid Win32 application
From what I understand, there are several possible reasons that message might pop up.  My gut says it would be worth assuming your anti-virus program is involved.  Try adding the Paragon Chat installation directory as an exception.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »
install folder. blah blah blah.

Okay I reinstalled Tequila about half a dozen times and I'm at wits end.  Help please?

Some critical issue 24 files could not be found please check your folder.

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 04:05:34 PM »
From a Codewalker post in this.If you're comfortable using the registry editor, try deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ParagonChat\CohDir. That will force the setup pages to run again. See if they are able to find it anymore.This worked for me.