Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0  (Read 108289 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2016, 10:11:44 PM »
Only found out just now about Pocket D. Is that where mostly everyone hangs out? Someone said that RPers(which is what I'd like to get into eventually) hang out there. Didn't check the forums again until this morning.

Role players tend to frequent the blue side bar upstairs next to War Witch.

TheCape tends to meet on the center platform of Pocket D next to DJ Zero, although some DJs pick other locations (Atlas Park, Kings Row, Faultline).  If they're not in Pocket D, they'll usually indicate where on the radio broadcast, or on their website in the purple box (thecaperadio.com).  (Use "/mapmenu" to get around, or use the trains.)

#SaveCOH Radio always meets on the steps of City Hall in Atlas Park.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

masterjedi343

• Underling
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2016, 03:59:10 AM »
Are there any specific channels RPers use? Also thanks for the info! ;D

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2016, 06:37:36 AM »
The obvious one is roleplay: "/chanjoin roleplay". 

There are 20-30 player made channels with varying names that may or may not have roleplaying tendencies (some are more upfront than others), the best way to find them is to ask around from other roleplay groups.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Lxndr

• Underling
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2016, 11:52:41 PM »
SOMETHING seems to have happened

Error message:  "Some critical Issue 24 files could not be found. Please check your 'COH install folder' setting on the options page."

It was working FINE until a computer crash.  I managed to restore my folder.  But:

"Sorry, the options window is not yet implemented."  So I can't seem to fix this. 

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2016, 01:19:37 AM »
Sounds like a corrupted file. Start Tequila, go to the Options window, and click "Reverify Files".

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2016, 02:37:03 AM »
Today, for some reason, I'm getting an odd message during the Paragon Chat log-in.  When the log-in screen starts loading the green bar at the bottom, it gives me the following message:   "Unable to establish Control Connection".  However, it finishes loading the green bar, allows me to log in with my passwords, loads the green bar the second time as usual, and then goes to the character-select screen.

Does this mean there's a corrupted file somewhere in my copy of the latest version?  I have the parameters set to permit loading all upgrades each time.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2016, 03:02:21 AM »
Not a corrupt file; that message means that the Paragon Chat client couldn't connect back to the master process. What's odd is that it is apparently working the second time; otherwise you'd get the same message again and no character select.

Does it persist across reboots?

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2016, 03:29:27 AM »
It seems to happen the first time I log into Paragon Chat after the computer has been started.  If I then close Paragon Chat and then log back into it subsequent times, it seems to work OK, with no error message. 

But if I shut down my computer, come back later and start it up again, then try to open Paragon Chat (the first time), I get the error message again.  However, you're right, despite the message, I am still able to log into Paragon Chat without further problem.

Just seems odd to get that message the first time.  It just started that today. 

I'm running Paragon Chat version 1.0.1

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2016, 06:09:35 PM »
Just an update to the above post:  Whatever was happening seems to have sorted itself out, and Paragon Chat is logging in as normal now.