Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0  (Read 108305 times)

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2016, 11:19:03 PM »
I had an interesting time helping someone that could run PChat, but not the QChat add-on.  I got into his hard disk and searched EVERYWHERE for his City of Heroes files so I could re-install PChat and make sure the pointers were pointing to the right files.  Turns out they were in Documents in a folder named 'New Folder'! So, I ran the PChat installer with the '-nux' option (causes the installer to ignore any previous installs and install as new) and of course, it didn't find the files.  I renamed 'New Folder' to 'COH' and ran it again and it didn't find the COH files, so I used the Browse option to point it to the \Documents\COH folder.  It identified the files as I24 and installed without error.  Then I downloaded and installed the QChat mod and it ran perfectly. 

So, if Qchat is not installing, locate the COH files, rerun PChat install with -nux and point it to the COH files you found, and then install QChat.

NOTES: Exit PChat and COH. Turn OFF your antivirus while installing (and you may have to tell it later to not test PChat so it won't block it).

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »
I have a question for Codewalker or anyone else who may know:
Is there an ETA on when Teleport will be implemented into Paragon Chat? I mean, I know it's very difficult to implement given what has to be done in order to make it work, compared to Fly, Super Speed, Super Jump, etc etc, I'm just curious as to whether or not Teleport will be implemented in the near future

Teleport is by far my favorite Travel Power, I never really used it though because unlike my dad, I didn't know how to change the key binds and what not when I played CoH/CoV thus making it hard for me to effectively use Teleport, whereas my dad would just Shift-Click with no problem.

Side question, could someone maybe make a couple of screenshots or something to walk me through how to activate a power via Shift-Clicking? I'd definitely appreciate it :)

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2016, 10:21:53 PM »
Side question, could someone maybe make a couple of screenshots or something to walk me through how to activate a power via Shift-Clicking? I'd definitely appreciate it :)

Just enter this into the chat:

/bind LSHIFT+LBUTTON "pow_exec_name Teleport"

You can change LSHIFT  to whatever keyboard button you wish to combine with left-mouse click (LBUTTON in the bind) to use it.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2016, 03:46:30 AM »
I have a question for Codewalker or anyone else who may know:
Is there an ETA on when Teleport will be implemented into Paragon Chat?

No ETA. It is one of several powers that had the data necessary to make the icon appear gathered and added to the last update, but is commented out because it's not functional. Several things are missing that are needed for it, like instant position updates over XMPP, better synchronization of relative time between clients, handling of the power activation subcommand that specifies target coordinates, and teaching the ad-hoc 'powers' system that things other than toggles exist.

Teleport is by far my favorite Travel Power, I never really used it though because unlike my dad, I didn't know how to change the key binds and what not when I played CoH/CoV thus making it hard for me to effectively use Teleport, whereas my dad would just Shift-Click with no problem.

It's my favorite travel power as well. Nothing can touch its speed in the hands of a skilled user, especially on /energy blasters. I often wished we would someday also get a 'Combat Teleport' with a shorter range, faster animation, and no forced hover.

I never did like the shift-click bind, though. I dislike having to hold a key down, and you don't get the targeting reticle to warn you if it's an invalid destination or not where you're expecting.

Instead, I put it in the slot on my tray that I had bound to the 'Q' key. With my fingers normally resting on ESDF, a series of Q[click], Q[click] is quite convenient and just as fast as shift-clicking, with the added benefit that I can add a small gap in between if I want to see the destination and change it at the last moment.

RazielDX

• Underling
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2016, 05:35:39 PM »
*is wondering if there is a list of currently available slash commands for power animations*..

I only ask as I've seen people doing certain things that mimic actual powers ( like Street Fighting moves and Nukes ) ... :)

Stitchified

• Boss
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2016, 09:42:48 PM »
Just enter this into the chat:

/bind LSHIFT+LBUTTON "pow_exec_name Teleport"

You can change LSHIFT  to whatever keyboard button you wish to combine with left-mouse click (LBUTTON in the bind) to use it.
thank you my good sir/ma'am :)

Stitchified

• Boss
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2016, 09:47:22 PM »
No ETA. It is one of several powers that had the data necessary to make the icon appear gathered and added to the last update, but is commented out because it's not functional. Several things are missing that are needed for it, like instant position updates over XMPP, better synchronization of relative time between clients, handling of the power activation subcommand that specifies target coordinates, and teaching the ad-hoc 'powers' system that things other than toggles exist.
Bummer, I'm looking foward to when I can use Teleport again, but eh, at least we have Flight, Super Speed, Super Jump and what not :D
It's my favorite travel power as well. Nothing can touch its speed in the hands of a skilled user, especially on /energy blasters. I often wished we would someday also get a 'Combat Teleport' with a shorter range, faster animation, and no forced hover.

I never did like the shift-click bind, though. I dislike having to hold a key down, and you don't get the targeting reticle to warn you if it's an invalid destination or not where you're expecting.

Instead, I put it in the slot on my tray that I had bound to the 'Q' key. With my fingers normally resting on ESDF, a series of Q[click], Q[click] is quite convenient and just as fast as shift-clicking, with the added benefit that I can add a small gap in between if I want to see the destination and change it at the last moment.
Yeah, my dad's main was an Energy Energy Blaster, I can't tell you how many times I'd see him Teleporting around, run out of Endurance, and then pop his Endurance Boost power then continue Teleporting lol

I use the WASD Keys with the 'Q' and 'R' Keys being used to run left and right, respectively
Though, I can see how using the 'Q' key for Teleport would work wonders if you're using the WASD or ESDF keys.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2016, 11:41:59 PM »

Maybe i'm weird, but i never used binds for teleporting, just the mouse and keyboard approach of clicking power number and mouse button. Never understood the need for the bind since i'd have the next teleport queued up and would be waiting for the previous jump to finish animating so that i could initiate it. i usually just slotted one range and one end in it except when i used it for set bonuses. It was one of my favorite travel powers in general, but then i almost always took Hover as well. Even if teleport's not in the immediate future i can be patient since the other travel powers are still fun as well. Travel powers in general are one of the things i miss most about CoH. That and playing the Traps and Dark Miasma sets.

Edit: Huh, four more posts until my post count is a multiple of 111.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »
I often wished we would someday also get a 'Combat Teleport' with a shorter range, faster animation, and no forced hover.

That's very good idea.  Any way to really speed up TP to get a similar idea when/if TP is implemented in P'Chat?  It's nice to see all the other travel powers seemingly maxed out on speed.  No need to waste x3 SO slots on them! :P

I remember rolling my first Warshade and getting TP inherent.  Tried to do the Nightcrawler 'bamf' around a mob in combat.  Too slow and clunky for that.  'Almost' but not quite.

Great travel power but I'd have liked just another second or so of hover before falling and panic tp'ing which made me trying to TP on the map like someone who had a wasp in his utility belt...  My ponderous reactions and all...  It was for that reason I liked flight best. 

But TP was cool. ;)

Azrael.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2016, 02:00:57 PM »
That's very good idea.  Any way to really speed up TP to get a similar idea when/if TP is implemented in P'Chat?  It's nice to see all the other travel powers seemingly maxed out on speed.  No need to waste x3 SO slots on them! :P

I remember rolling my first Warshade and getting TP inherent.  Tried to do the Nightcrawler 'bamf' around a mob in combat.  Too slow and clunky for that.  'Almost' but not quite.

Great travel power but I'd have liked just another second or so of hover before falling and panic tp'ing which made me trying to TP on the map like someone who had a wasp in his utility belt...  My ponderous reactions and all...  It was for that reason I liked flight best. 

But TP was cool. ;)

Azrael.

One way it could work is activate the power then press a direction key. BAMF, and you jump 10ft in that direction.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2016, 04:45:36 AM »
*is wondering if there is a list of currently available slash commands for power animations*..
I only ask as I've seen people doing certain things that mimic actual powers ( like Street Fighting moves and Nukes ) ... :)
There are a lot in the current version of Quickchat.  You can see the others in the emote.cfg file in your Paragon Chat folder. 

(Just don't change anything in it! I'd copy (NOT RENAME!)  the emote.cfg file to emotevisible.txt and look at emotevisible.txt for the names of the emotes.)

masterjedi343

• Underling
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2016, 04:21:48 PM »
Just wanted to say great job guys! Was just in there for a little bit. Nobody around though except for 2 or 3 people. Is it downtime? People aren't on yet?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2016, 12:55:15 AM »
Come in right now to Pocket D, TheCape Radio is doing a show on the center platform as we speak.

Miss that?  Come to one of the shows next week on The Cape or #SaveCOH Radio.

There's also this thing next Saturday if you're not busy.  We'd love to see you there! :D
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Lxndr

• Underling
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2016, 02:31:18 AM »
I'm wanting to try Paragon Chat, but it seems I need the Issue 24 files.  Tequila is apparently the Only Way to get them.  but tequila.exe is hosted on http://patch.savecoh.com  which is seemingly down (at the time of this posting).  Am I SOL?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:45:25 AM by Lxndr »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2016, 03:13:54 AM »
It's down for me, too.  And a bunch of others too. :(

Sorry, patience is all I can advise.  IF (big IF) you have Issue 24 client on another computer, you can copy the client to a flash drive and move it to another system, then install Paragon Chat and point it at the Issue 24 folder.

Otherwise, it's probably a server hiccup.  If it's more than that, we'll hear about it in a few days.

AudreyWinter

• Minion
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2016, 04:40:51 AM »
The URL for the manifest now takes me to an advertisement for a MOBA called Paragon, by Epic Games.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2016, 04:52:33 AM »
My bad. I upgraded the server where the Tequila manifest resides from Debian 7 to Debian 8, and things didn't go smoothly. Everything should be working now. I have a bunch of websites in that server, and my "default" template (the one that shows for all sites that aren't configured) is set to display ads for games, so if you visited the page before I was done setting up savecoh.com again, you saw ads. I have no intention to put ads in Tequila or the site, it was just a temporary problem while I finished setting up the sites.

AudreyWinter

• Minion
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2016, 05:41:00 AM »
It's all good. I solved it with a DNS cache flush. Game looks interesting, at least...

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2016, 08:23:39 AM »
My bad. I upgraded the server where the Tequila manifest resides from Debian 7 to Debian 8, and things didn't go smoothly. Everything should be working now. I have a bunch of websites in that server, and my "default" template (the one that shows for all sites that aren't configured) is set to display ads for games, so if you visited the page before I was done setting up savecoh.com again, you saw ads. I have no intention to put ads in Tequila or the site, it was just a temporary problem while I finished setting up the sites.

Thanks Leandro!  ;D

Lxndr, you should be good to go.

masterjedi343

• Underling
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2016, 03:42:02 PM »
Only found out just now about Pocket D. Is that where mostly everyone hangs out? Someone said that RPers(which is what I'd like to get into eventually) hang out there. Didn't check the forums again until this morning.