Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3 Trailer  (Read 4685 times)

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
Ghostbusters 3 Trailer
« on: March 08, 2016, 09:57:43 PM »
In case you haven't seen it yet...

Definetly not what I would've wished for, but still better than I had expected.
I admit I laughed more than I probably should've about the first ghost ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Ghostbusters 3 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:09:58 PM »
Y'know if I weren't already completely anhedonic I definitely would be after seeing that.

On the bright side though if anyone ever asks me what I think an unanaesthetized steampunk colonoscopy would be like I now have a video i can link them.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:16:24 PM by Vee »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:27:45 AM »
The old Ecto had stylish curves.  The new Ecto is an ugly soulless box.  I imagine that will serve as a metaphor for comparing the new movie with the original.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 02:09:24 AM »
Not sure if the international trailer is better ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egs6RfGenvg
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 06:54:51 AM »
I would sooner watch a feature length movie of Ghostbusters, the Be Kind Rewind version.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »
Not gonna lie, it was better than I thought it would be. I also suspect that one of the original team will be the person behind whatever device is amplifying paranormal activity.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »
You suspect wrong, according to wiki the big bad is named Rowan and played by Neil Casey.
Although Aykroyd, Hudson, Weaver, Potts, Murray... and Ozzy :o will have cameos.

And believe it or not, I only just realized that my favourite actor (Dan Aykroyd) has two Ys in his name ??? :-[
I really thought his name was Akroyd.
For years I had a Blues Brothers poster right above my bed... how could I not see this?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:46:49 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »

For years I had a Blues Brothers poster right above my bed... how could I not see this?

How are you not scarred from constantly waking up with Belushi and Aykroyd in your face is a better question :P

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 10:01:25 PM »
You suspect wrong, according to wiki the big bad is named Rowan and played by Neil Casey.
Although Aykroyd, Hudson, Weaver, Potts, Murray... and Ozzy :o will have cameos.

And believe it or not, I only just realized that my favourite actor (Dan Aykroyd) has two Ys in his name ??? :-[
I really thought his name was Akroyd.

Regarding the big bad Rowan... according to the wiki it is apparently a demon that can control people, which is different from a person that builds a device to amplify paranormal activity.

Edit: Buuuuuut if a demon can control people, it makes sense that they would think a person was behind the device at first, if that person was just possessed. Now I'm conflicted.

I also thought it was Akroyd.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 10:04:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDXpOX0Cp0

This fan-cut teaser built out of the official trailer is so much better than the official trailer.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 09:33:57 PM »
I just...ugh.

Why is this movie even a thing?

I would not mind the all female cast if I didnt feel like they were only doing this to get attention and make people upset. If they did a movie where members of the old team were handing over the reigns to a new team of misfits, or expanding into other cities (plots that have been talked about for a long time and done in the really good videogame a few years ago) that is one thing. Them retelling the original story almost exactly the same way feels like they are saying a female cast makes a better movie.

There were right ways to go about this, and I feel like they picked the worst possible, and even worse I think they did it on purpose.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 12:31:32 AM »
Just played through Ghostbusters the video game that had been sitting in my steam library since i got it in a bundle at some point. Choosing to pretend it's the last Ghostbusters anything. It's fun. Controls are rough but it has better writing than GB2 (aykroyd and ramis wrote it) and all the original actors do the voices.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
Just played through Ghostbusters the video game that had been sitting in my steam library since i got it in a bundle at some point. Choosing to pretend it's the last Ghostbusters anything. It's fun. Controls are rough but it has better writing than GB2 (aykroyd and ramis wrote it) and all the original actors do the voices.

The game is actually pretty fun. Makes you feel part of the team.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »
I would not mind the all female cast if I didnt feel like they were only doing this to get attention and make people upset. If they did a movie where members of the old team were handing over the reigns to a new team of misfits, or expanding into other cities (plots that have been talked about for a long time and done in the really good videogame a few years ago) that is one thing. Them retelling the original story almost exactly the same way feels like they are saying a female cast makes a better movie.

Also, big missed opportunity to have Dana Barret mentoring them. They seem like they desperately need it. Besides with her attitude, it would be hilarious.

"This ectoplasm is so gross."

"Did it turn you into a demonic wolf?"

"No."

"Then shut up."

The game is actually pretty fun. Makes you feel part of the team.

Something about the acting really bothered me though. It didn't even seem as good as 'The Real Ghostbusters.' They were off their game or something, especially Murray. He seems like he's high the whole time.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 09:55:57 PM »
Also, big missed opportunity to have Dana Barret mentoring them. They seem like they desperately need it. Besides with her attitude, it would be hilarious.

"This ectoplasm is so gross."

"Did it turn you into a demonic wolf?"

"No."

"Then shut up."

Something about the acting really bothered me though. It didn't even seem as good as 'The Real Ghostbusters.' They were off their game or something, especially Murray. He seems like he's high the whole time.

LOL. Probably was.

Just something cool about being able to use the proton packs and traps for yourself.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »
Just something cool about being able to use the proton packs and traps for yourself.

Totally agree. Almost makes me want to find my copy for the 360, it's been a few years since I beat it.

It is a shame the multiplayer was so lacking, I would have loved the ability to go through the campaign with friends instead.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 11:16:29 PM »
Out of curiosity how many of those stupid cherubs did you guys kill before you figured out they were endless and the goal was just to open the gate. I think for me it was > 9000.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 02:09:04 AM »
I figured out the goal, but couldn't accomplish it before rage quitting.  I really enjoyed the game right up til then.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 02:19:20 AM »
I found out later that you can just run back and forth in front of the gate and they'll break it down trying to hit you. Wish I'd known that about an hour and a half earlier but oh well.