Author Topic: Far Cry: Primal  (Read 3726 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Far Cry: Primal
« on: February 28, 2016, 02:24:34 AM »
So has anyone else bought this game yet?

I'm not very far in yet, but I am liking it.

Disclaimer: I  have not played any other Far Cry games so the things you are doing in this game may be very repetitive if you've already played others in the series.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
Re: Far Cry: Primal
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 03:51:20 AM »
I picked up.  Its fun.  I have played from Far Cry 2 on.  I'd say its a regular ol Far Cry game just set in 10,000 BC.  However regular ol Far Cry games are freaking awesome.  So that's a good thing.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 12:49:20 AM »
I'm about 11 percent in right now.

It kind of makes me miss my Beast/Nature Mastermind though.

(We should totally have gotten a bear or mammoth for the final pet.)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 04:23:43 AM »
I really want to play this but Let's Plays of it make it look like not-my-game. Maybe I can convince my husband to play it and I can watch. Cos it does look pretty great. (Neither of us have played any Far Cry games.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:56:18 AM »
I'm about 11 percent in right now.

It kind of makes me miss my Beast/Nature Mastermind though.

(We should totally have gotten a bear or mammoth for the final pet.)

Or a Sabertooth tiger.  It's easily my favorite pet in the game.  And you can ride it!  A childhood dream came true when I first rode my sabertooth tiger across the wilderness.  Hurling flaming spears at anything I pleased.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 03:52:42 AM »
I've finally gotten the hang of sending my beasts away so I can tame other beasts.

(A hardcopy menu list would have been nice.)

I think I'll be taming a brown bear next. :D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 03:48:16 AM »
I've done the Master Beast Quests, so now I only need a few more of the lesser pets.

I'm probably about 34 percent into the story now.

The world really does feel like there's a lot to explore on it.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:56 PM »
I've done the Master Beast Quests, so now I only need a few more of the lesser pets.

I'm probably about 34 percent into the story now.

The world really does feel like there's a lot to explore on it.

Ya.  It's nice though because its a big world but it isn't so big it takes forever to explore it.  Far Cry 4 was far too big.  It's pretty clear they learned their lessons from the mistakes they have made in the previous games.  The scenery is beautiful too.  If you have that OCD itch to get 100% in games too then this one is slightly less brutal.  It took me over 100 hours to get 100% on Far Cry 4.  This one doesn't seem as bad.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 04:32:32 AM »
I'm wondering if I did something wrong. The story doesn't seem to be progressing at this point. 40 percent in and I have yet to get the rotbane cure. The gatherer isn't giving me the mission that a guide I found says I need and the last time I clicked on her she was talking as though I had already killed a boss I haven't met yet.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »
Hmm.  That's strange.  Perhaps you need to upgrade the hut?  Or complete some missions for the other contacts first.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »
Hmm.  That's strange.  Perhaps you need to upgrade the hut?  Or complete some missions for the other contacts first.

I had a primary mission for Tensay that didn't trigger. Now I've actually managed to beat the two bosses of the game without getting the Izila Roshani skills. :D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 03:03:53 AM »
Finally got the Iliza contact to open up and once I completed his missions I got the ending triggered.

I'm just under a hair of 50% completion, so there's plenty of caves and unknown locations to explore. All in all, it's a pretty fun game and I don't regret the purchase. :D

Once I get bored playing this, it's onto Fallout 4.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 04:10:21 AM »
Maybe I can convince my husband to play it and I can watch.

We do that with Fallout 4 and some other games.  I spot for him, and serve as his memory-dump.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido