Author Topic: Looking for a "clean" map of CoH  (Read 5981 times)

battlematt

• Underling
Looking for a "clean" map of CoH
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:24:50 AM »
So of course I can find the Wiki map (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_City?file=Paragon_City_%2528GvE%2529.jpg) but I've been trying to find something without the "scribbling" on it. Just a plain map of the city that isn't marked up so much... does anyone know if such a thing was produced either officially or by a fan?   

ricodah

• Boss
Re: Looking for a "clean" map of CoH
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »
Found this one.  Might be the original map from release because there's no PI, Croatoa or RWZ.  Or maybe it's just photoshop'd as there's some weird blocky, whiten areas around the map.

http://www.emence.com/images/coh/city_map.jpg

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:48:12 PM »
Odd that "Independence Port" is the most inland of all the city areas.   :o

And what about those poor neighborhoods in between and around the ones marked?  Do they not get superhero protection?  What, they didn't pay their "dues?"  (read: protection money)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »
And what about those poor neighborhoods in between and around the ones marked?  Do they not get superhero protection?  What, they didn't pay their "dues?"  (read: protection money)

Mostly uninhabited. The city got wrecked pretty badly during the Rikti invasion. It was a priority target not only because it was the base of operations of most of the pesky superheroes who kept beating them back, but also because they discovered Portal Corp there and wanted control of it.

The vast majority of the rebuilding efforts happened in the area within the war walls. As additional sections were finished they could be added to the game. This was likely going to be part of the backstory of Kallisti Wharf, as it's been described by devs as one of the areas 'between the walls'... and the hero half of the zone is shiny and freshly reconstructed.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:29:46 PM »
Mostly uninhabited. The city got wrecked pretty badly during the Rikti invasion. It was a priority target not only because it was the base of operations of most of the pesky superheroes who kept beating them back, but also because they discovered Portal Corp there and wanted control of it.

Huh; I thought Portal Corp had been defunct until after the war, but wiki research tells me I was wrong.

At any rate, the first issue of the Top Cow comic had an image of the area outside the walls. It was very wilderness looking, and had monorail sections unprotected outside the walls. The canonicity of some comic issues (particularly this one) is debatable; plus, it seemed like the way it was drawn was more for effect (zooming in to a battle from way outside the city).
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

battlematt

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 05:35:17 PM »
RE:ricodah
Yeah, I've seen that one too. I think it's the official map from when the game launched.

Ah well. I'm starting up a game with my local group and was hoping to get a good map for that but I'll just have to make due. If only the Eden Studios TTRPG hadn't been total vaporware, maybe they would have put out a map.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 05:43:56 PM »
Here's one, maybe:

Via: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Maps

I'm surprised that a map like that would exist, given that any maps that came with the game were the ones with scribbles. I don't know how the game handled the in-game maps, so maybe someone pulled a blank one from the game's files.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 09:38:40 PM »
(sigh) can we play again, yet?   :'(