Author Topic: Bored tonight?  (Read 7827 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Bored tonight?
« on: February 22, 2016, 05:36:15 AM »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Bored tonight?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 06:16:51 AM »
This is how, in 1.5 years, you get almost 500 posts more than the next person (a mod here since 08) and almost a thousand more than the third (a mod here since 07). Basically...spam.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:18:34 AM »
Arcanaville is fourth, but considering her posts tend to be about ten posts worth of words, I'm going to give her the Wordy McWordyton trophy anyway.

EDIT: This is what happens when I hit reply instead of quote.... postcount++;
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 06:36:30 AM »
I was thinking 'wow, i can't imagine posting more than i do now, which seems really excessive. maybe i'm not as bad as i thought.' then i checked my profile and realized i didn't join til jan 20-oh-15. i'm so much worse than i thought.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
I was thinking 'wow, i can't imagine posting more than i do now, which seems really excessive. maybe i'm not as bad as i thought.' then i checked my profile and realized i didn't join til jan 20-oh-15. i'm so much worse than i thought.
Barely more than two posts a day. Not too bad. PA, on the other hand, is over 6 posts a day average, and many of them are not worth the time it took to open the thread. lol

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 03:40:39 PM »
I've been here since '09 and I barely make a blip on the wordar at 0.177 posts per day.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 09:43:23 PM »
Hey!  One of them posts was from LaughingAlex.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »
I'm shocked to discover my posting average is .337 per day.

I like to keep my posts short and to the point with a minimum of irrational exuberance.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 04:07:22 PM »
Years ago, back when the CoH forums were up, I remember thinking that a poster who could have been a poster child for the over use of emoticons seemed to be posting quite a bit. It's been a while, but I think "GG" was posting an average of once every 21 minutes - and that average was arrived by dividing the number of posts into the number of minutes in a 24 hour day.

Every day, without fail, there were at least a hundred posts by that person (maybe it was multiple people with that account?).

Now, that was truly a bored person - or just someone easily interested in just about anything.

To be fair, I posted quite a bit in those days - once I learned they actually existed.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 05:02:25 PM »
I was disappointed that the original City Info Tracker forums weren't carried over when they joined the Titan Network; I had a lot of posts there. Now I care less.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
I would like to thank the nice moderators of these here forums for their quick and decisive response to the post (not so) Great Post Spam of Yesterday. I didn't really even have a chane to post a Great Googly Moogly look at that list of posts by one person that almost entirely fills the first page before the list was gone.

You people are Heroes. :-)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 12:46:18 AM »

All in a day's work.

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 08:31:59 PM »
I would like to thank the nice moderators of these here forums for their quick and decisive response to the post (not so) Great Post Spam of Yesterday. I didn't really even have a chane to post a Great Googly Moogly look at that list of posts by one person that almost entirely fills the first page before the list was gone.

i keep missing the recent kerfuffles. First the multi-day argument(s) in the New Efforts! thread that apparently was bad enough that excising it dropped the thread's page count by several pages and then an automated spam incursion. i'm actually pretty okay with this turn of events.

It's still good to know that the admins and mods stay on top of things.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 01:05:52 AM »

When not posting on this forum, PA enjoys other indoor sports.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 01:20:13 AM »
When not posting on this forum, PA enjoys other indoor sports.

Competitive full contact couch surfing?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 05:25:06 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 04:27:36 AM »
Power_Gamer and I have been trading posts back and forth.  Somebody is going to accuse me of spamming, again.