Author Topic: The Division  (Read 4010 times)

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
The Division
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:20:40 AM »
Any assault rifle Blasters, Defenders and Corruptors out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPLATt94n0

The wife and I are seriously looking at this MMO.  It looks like I'll be able to play a more defenderish mode with toys and gear, while she veers more towards a full blaster-lock damage dealer.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

-Psi-

• Underling
Re: The Division
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 05:29:35 AM »
Very much looking forward to this if for no other reason than enjoying a more slower paced combat in shooters. I realize fast paced bullet combat is a bit more realistic, but as far as gaming goes, I like to savor my combat experiences.

That was one the reasons I preferred CoH to CO. CO is so quick, everything's one and done... CoH had pacing.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:18:01 PM »
Very much looking forward to this if for no other reason than enjoying a more slower paced combat in shooters. I realize fast paced bullet combat is a bit more realistic, but as far as gaming goes, I like to savor my combat experiences.

That was one the reasons I preferred CoH to CO. CO is so quick, everything's one and done... CoH had pacing.

CoH had the best combat system of any MMO. 

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 03:39:08 AM »

CoH had the best combat system of any MMO.

Yes, but we don't have CoH to play right now.  We have to settle for other games.  So...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 04:27:22 AM »
i'm hoping the whole game isn't 'shoot anyone wearing a hoodie' like the part of the vid i watched :P

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 12:59:16 AM »
I'm looking forward to the dark zone:)  Have some friends and we plan on just being dark zone bandit's.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 01:17:11 AM »
This looks kinda cool. I hope you're able to get most of the story without having to set foot in the dark zone though. Vastly prefer PVE, especially when the PVP can be traitorous.

I love the fact that loot is instanced so you don't have to fight over that purple thing that just dropped. Your teammates don't even know unless you say something. Fantastic. Although it does make me wonder if there's trading/marketing.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 01:32:31 AM »
Well, I don't know much about the game or its combat system but I know that I'm super excited to play it. I will definitely be buying it during the summer--hopefully steam will give like a 10% discount--so if anyone planning on starting around the same time wants to join me then I'm sure we would have loads of fun. :P Though I think the game is in beta so I'm not this will be a pre-order or if I'm going to be able to automatically play the beta when I buy a copy of the game.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:46 AM »
This looks kinda cool. I hope you're able to get most of the story without having to set foot in the dark zone though. Vastly prefer PVE, especially when the PVP can be traitorous.

I love the fact that loot is instanced so you don't have to fight over that purple thing that just dropped. Your teammates don't even know unless you say something. Fantastic. Although it does make me wonder if there's trading/marketing.

I was glad to see there were crafting areas.  Hopefully if there is crafting there should be a market.

EDIT: I did a quick google, I think there are plans for one but it won't be available at launch.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 03:57:58 AM »
I was just about to post about this game.  I played in the Open Beta.  I am super excited for this game.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 04:27:16 AM »
During the entirety of the Open Beta I kept trying to get into the game only to find it crash a few minutes each time. :(
I guess it's finally time to get a new computer before the game releases.

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »
I tried this during the open beta weekend. The game could be good, but it's not my cup of tea. It's a cross between a cover shooter and an MMORPG, but not in a good way for my tastes. Combat is a standard cover shooter where you can fire and reload one of 3 weapons you may carry at any one time, as well as chuck 8 or so types of grenades. The only traditional RPG-like element in combat is that you can have two special skills equipped and use them on cooldown. While the combat does have a nice feel to it, it just feels... poor and lacking stuff to do for someone who's looking for a classic MMORPG and is not very much into action combat.

Character advancement seems decent on the equipment front where you have 6 or so gear slots and gear can give various different kinds of bonuses, pretty much the MMO standard, and you can also customise your weapons with up to 5 or so mods per weapon which seems really nice. But on the skill front... as I said, just 2 skills equipped at the same time, and there are relatively few skills. Sure, they can be "morphed" with mods into a bit different variants, but it just seems very poor and lacking in possibilities for someone who is looking for primarily RPG elements.

I would recommend everyone to try it since it does have a nice feel and atmosphere to it, it just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. Running horribly on my laptop as well.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »
I've usually just been playing fallout 4 and brutal doom.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 03:19:36 AM »
Less then 2 hours to release. I am finding my self overly excited.