Author Topic: RP Idea: Pre-made Antagonists  (Read 2986 times)

Challenger

• Underling
RP Idea: Pre-made Antagonists
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:03:03 AM »
I've been trying to through around the idea in game some.  Its literally fallen on deaf ears (not that anyone hears typed letters lol :P).  So I will post here and hope for better traction to the pitch of the idea.  And it may lend to RP'ing outside of the D in a great big way.

Wouldn't it be nice to see some of your current story-arc antagonists, or even supporting cast toons, come to life?  I mean all that would have to be done is put together an idea for the toons you want your main toons to interact with.  I have seen a post a while back here pitching for just such an idea.  I have made several 'disposable' toons just for this purpose.  Generic and easy to modify to be re-used.  I understand some RP styles and themes would have to be learned quickly by these supporting-cast type RP players (those wishing to undertake such roles).  I think it would help immersion and probably bring in other RP'rs into another RP groups ongoing sessions (if even wanted or welcomed).  I think the objective of the idea is to truly get the most out of any RP session that would include the appearance of some pre-made antagonists.  So thats my idea.  I hope its received well.  I look forward to reading all opinions and critiques of the idea.

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
Re: RP Idea: Pre-made Antagonists
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:43:02 AM »
poke @Asmodeus, he's got the same idea

Challenger

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 12:09:02 AM »
Brilliant! Eager to hear ideas! :D

NoreLineas

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 01:33:52 AM »
I played an antagonist for a few months with no success outside of one small plot where people got upset at her being too evil.  Just stating what happened.  As newer people are around since then, I've been chatting with them about getting something going.  And a few are at least open to it realizing.... evil people do evil things.  So, here to hoping!

Challenger

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 01:44:02 AM »
I seen the toon around.  Its the working the Villain, or any Villain toon at this point, into active RP that's difficult.  A lot of players seem hesitant to the idea.  If they'd voice their concerns over the idea it would help this idea take shape better.  Probably be able to accommodate some players and address concerns along the way.  Anyone notice a down tick in players?