Author Topic: Teen Titans  (Read 6075 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Teen Titans
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 07:08:40 AM »
That looks interesting.  Despite that it's Damian Wayne...
Batman vs Robin and batman bad blood were entertaining, though both were Damien so if you're not a fan you might not like them.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »
I don't think I've seen either of those.  I vaguely recall avoiding BvR specifically because I don't like Damian Wayne.  The JLvTT movie has enough other characters that I might get past it, though.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 09:37:04 AM »
I don't think I've seen either of those.  I vaguely recall avoiding BvR specifically because I don't like Damian Wayne.  The JLvTT movie has enough other characters that I might get past it, though.

BvR has Talon and Bad blood has Batwoman and Batwing, though i'm guessing anti-damien sentiment could be symptomatic of a more general anti-new 52 sentiment so that might not help you :D

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
I always liked the teen titans DCanime, even though some characters were visually different than in the titans comics and younger at that. But the series was going places, and then they cancelled it. And then they gave us teen titans go...................... I can't possibly express my grief.

DC needs to pick up where they left off with the anime and be less interbuts troll about it and be more serious/playful like it used to be.

problem is getting good writers, anyone see any lately? can never get enough of good writers.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »
BvR has Talon and Bad blood has Batwoman and Batwing, though i'm guessing anti-damien sentiment could be symptomatic of a more general anti-new 52 sentiment so that might not help you :D

First I wondered what the heck a Batwing was.  Then I thought maybe you meant Nightwing.  Then I looked it up...

Yeah, I haven't been a fan of much I've seen from Nu52.  If it's not an awful costume redesign, it's a new character or event that makes my eye twitch and gives me the urge to smack someone.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
I only knew him as a character whose comics i have waiting about 15 years further on the batman read list than i currently am until i saw the movie.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
I always liked the teen titans DCanime, even though some characters were visually different than in the titans comics and younger at that. But the series was going places, and then they cancelled it. And then they gave us teen titans go...................... I can't possibly express my grief.

DC needs to pick up where they left off with the anime and be less interbuts troll about it and be more serious/playful like it used to be.

problem is getting good writers, anyone see any lately? can never get enough of good writers.

I'm going to have to quote myself because it's worth it for the bump to say:

and another problem is getting good animators, anyone see any lately? can never get enough of them either.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.