Author Topic: Teen Titans  (Read 6046 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Teen Titans
« on: January 08, 2016, 09:48:18 PM »
According to Blastr, TNT have decided to pass on the proposed live-action Teen Titans series. So, unless someone else picks it up, no live-action Nightwing or Raven for us.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Teen Titans
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 07:09:28 AM »
Might be a blessing in disguise - the article I saw on this said one of the producers was from Batman Forever :P

Maybe it'll free some of the characters up to make Flash etc. appearances. Or maybe MTV will pick it up, they need a super-hero show to go with their twilight clone and their new hunger games/divergence-y version of the Shannara Chronicles (which isn't bad despite that, though I've not read the books and thus don't have a good nerd-rage base to really judge.).

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 04:41:41 PM »
This could be good. If it went to TNT it'd only get maybe 3 or 4 seasons before it'd be inexplicably cancelled. TNT's become the new FOX.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »
Might be a blessing in disguise - the article I saw on this said one of the producers was from Batman Forever :P

Maybe it'll free some of the characters up to make Flash etc. appearances. Or maybe MTV will pick it up, they need a super-hero show to go with their twilight clone and their new hunger games/divergence-y version of the Shannara Chronicles (which isn't bad despite that, though I've not read the books and thus don't have a good nerd-rage base to really judge.).

I have read the Shannara series and I'm quite happy with how they are handling it.  They aren't messing up the story too much, more just altering the feel.  And the important point is that being a Hunger Games/Maze Runner version means it will get a bigger audience which means we might get more than half a season.

As for Teen Titans I'm glad.  The cartoon versions first we had a serious and well written take.  Then a goofy take.  Then a chibi version.  I want to know for certain that the series will be treated seriously rather than just being another goofy tween series.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »
Only recalling two cartoon series... One that was decent despite moments of anime-inspired goofiness, and the awful "chibi" series.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 08:01:28 PM »
The original series was practically two series in one. They pretty much alternated stand-alone goofy episodes with the ongoing story darker episodes. I haven't watched the chibi one as it appears to be the former on steroids.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 07:17:39 PM »
Only recalling two cartoon series... One that was decent despite moments of anime-inspired goofiness, and the awful "chibi" series.

Mandu might be talking about Young Justice as the "serious" one.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »
I think he was just referring to entire episodes as "moments".

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 09:06:24 PM »
According to Blastr, TNT have decided to pass on the proposed live-action Teen Titans series. So, unless someone else picks it up, no live-action Nightwing or Raven for us.
Question, why would they omit Raven? Isn't she a core member of the team. I can why they would omit Nightwing inlu of Robin being in every single Teen Titan show.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 10:18:34 PM »
Question, why would they omit Raven? Isn't she a core member of the team. I can why they would omit Nightwing inlu of Robin being in every single Teen Titan show.

Omitting the entire show would omit Raven and Nightwing by default.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 03:00:23 AM »
The original series was practically two series in one. They pretty much alternated stand-alone goofy episodes with the ongoing story darker episodes. I haven't watched the chibi one as it appears to be the former on steroids.

You nailed it Vee.  That is what I meant by three series.  Teen Titans was two series in one. Many of the episodes of TT were treated like Young Justice episodes though with lower quality animation.  They were taken completely seriously. And some episodes like the death of Terra didn't pull emotional punches just because it was a kids series.  Others though were like old Warner Bros cartoons; complete nonsense with the characters mugging for the cameras.

I watched it for the serious episodes and basically tolerated the nonsense ones though I did turn a few of them off just because they were so bad.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 04:21:30 AM »
I just bought the entire run of the first Teen Titan series. I'm curious as to how many I missed when they originally aired.

Now if only someone would release the second season of Legion of Super Heroes on DVD ....

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 05:25:51 AM »
Omitting the entire show would omit Raven and Nightwing by default.

Yes, I was referring to the fact that the show won't be made.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 05:44:06 AM »
I just bought the entire run of the first Teen Titan series. I'm curious as to how many I missed when they originally aired.

Given that it was on cartoon network before dvr's existed i'm guessing a lot. Back then I remember never being able to figure out when justice league was going to come on because it never seemed to be the same day or time twice.

Not sure what it is about super hero cartoons but they still do this all the time and even fool dvr's by not reporting their listings or whatever. cartoon network is the worst about it (beware the batman aired like 6 episodes my dvr didn't pick up, got cancelled, then aired a marathon of the unaired episodes that the dvr did get) but disney xd moves theirs constantly too and i'm convinced wolverine and the x-men would have gotten a second season had nicktoons bothered to put it on at consistent times.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 11:09:08 AM »
Given that it was on cartoon network before dvr's existed i'm guessing a lot.
Maybe before they were really common, but I know I'd already burned out and replaced a Dish DVR or two by the time the first episode aired.  (I give my DVRs a hell of a workout.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 09:06:14 PM »
Hmm, yeah i was thinking teen titans was a few years earlier than it was. Still though, cartoon network's been known to play stump the dvr, not only by not reporting accurate times but also with tricks like second season of young justice's name change. Disney XD changes the name of their crappy spider-man cartoon every year.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 11:45:44 PM »
Agreed.  Nothing like missing "Adventure Time" because it says "Uncle Grandpa" on the guide.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 04:15:07 AM »
Well I'm into the 4th Season and surprisingly it turns out I haven't missed very many of the episodes so far. Maybe a couple.

On the other hand, Season 5 was more or less a sort of "Titans Hunt" and I don't think I saw much of it.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 02:21:00 AM »
Well maybe they aren't getting a series but there is a new d2d movie coming out.  I hadn't even heard the slightest hint about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSiD0lKEtc4

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 06:32:48 AM »
That looks interesting.  Despite that it's Damian Wayne...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 07:08:40 AM »
That looks interesting.  Despite that it's Damian Wayne...
Batman vs Robin and batman bad blood were entertaining, though both were Damien so if you're not a fan you might not like them.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »
I don't think I've seen either of those.  I vaguely recall avoiding BvR specifically because I don't like Damian Wayne.  The JLvTT movie has enough other characters that I might get past it, though.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 09:37:04 AM »
I don't think I've seen either of those.  I vaguely recall avoiding BvR specifically because I don't like Damian Wayne.  The JLvTT movie has enough other characters that I might get past it, though.

BvR has Talon and Bad blood has Batwoman and Batwing, though i'm guessing anti-damien sentiment could be symptomatic of a more general anti-new 52 sentiment so that might not help you :D

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
I always liked the teen titans DCanime, even though some characters were visually different than in the titans comics and younger at that. But the series was going places, and then they cancelled it. And then they gave us teen titans go...................... I can't possibly express my grief.

DC needs to pick up where they left off with the anime and be less interbuts troll about it and be more serious/playful like it used to be.

problem is getting good writers, anyone see any lately? can never get enough of good writers.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »
BvR has Talon and Bad blood has Batwoman and Batwing, though i'm guessing anti-damien sentiment could be symptomatic of a more general anti-new 52 sentiment so that might not help you :D

First I wondered what the heck a Batwing was.  Then I thought maybe you meant Nightwing.  Then I looked it up...

Yeah, I haven't been a fan of much I've seen from Nu52.  If it's not an awful costume redesign, it's a new character or event that makes my eye twitch and gives me the urge to smack someone.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
I only knew him as a character whose comics i have waiting about 15 years further on the batman read list than i currently am until i saw the movie.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
I always liked the teen titans DCanime, even though some characters were visually different than in the titans comics and younger at that. But the series was going places, and then they cancelled it. And then they gave us teen titans go...................... I can't possibly express my grief.

DC needs to pick up where they left off with the anime and be less interbuts troll about it and be more serious/playful like it used to be.

problem is getting good writers, anyone see any lately? can never get enough of good writers.

I'm going to have to quote myself because it's worth it for the bump to say:

and another problem is getting good animators, anyone see any lately? can never get enough of them either.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.