Author Topic: eReader users should check out bookbub  (Read 2013 times)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
eReader users should check out bookbub
« on: December 10, 2015, 08:58:22 PM »
Just thought I'd pass this along, in case anyone else here likes to read on a Kindle (or other eBook formats). I was in a weird mood one day, and actually clicked on one of those banner ads at the bottom of some news article, and discovered something that apparently has no down side. They list eBooks that are on sale, filtered by supplier or genre. I've already acquired several books for free, a couple of cookbooks for 99 cents each (you can never have too many cookbooks), and a science-related book for 1.99. Total spent so far: 3.96 for about 10 books.

The list is updated more or less daily. I'm not sure how they make any money -- it might be purely from the broker % that the big sites give for click-thru purchases.

Any way, it's a really nice idea, since Amazon (for instance) won't give you a quick list of what's on sale in a genre, or let you filter or sort by price.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
Re: eReader users should check out bookbub
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »
checked it out. loved it.
got me a free book. that was awesome
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:54:44 PM »
And apparently "Paranormal Romance" is a genre now. There are several genres I will never read, and that's definitely one to add to the list.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 04:13:33 AM »
You might also want to check out storybundle.com.   The books aren't free but you may find the bundles to be worth the price.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »
checked it out. loved it.
got me a free book. that was awesome

Yep, it's a pretty nice site.