Author Topic: City of Heroes 3 Year Memorial  (Read 45526 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: City of Heroes 3 Year Memorial
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »
well lets see, there's a long list of things doctors would suggest, chances are you're probably already doing them though.. basically you remember all those things you heard people say are bad for you and you shouldn't do? yeah well you should try to not do them. and remember all those things they said were good for you? well... er.. actually no that wont work.. for obvious reasons "a beer a day keeps the doctor away" for example of false presumptions. then there's societal things like always looking both ways before crossing roads and being extra careful and not taking too many trips or exposing yourself to dangerous situations frequently or sporadically or on a whim, aka try to cut out any spontaneous exposures to anything public (lets face it, 'out there' once you leave your front door, it's dangerous bo.. people be craaazy. and stupid. and generally too preocupied to pay attention to you or other things like 'the road' while they are driving.) Don't let them take you with them in their stupidity! only go out when you have to, stay alert and plan /Everything/ that you can.

My dad's brother, Ricky, was a fitness health nut.  Ate all the right things, did all the right exercises.  Died at 51 to stomach cancer.

His dad, smoked, drank like a fish, and never ate healthy... Dead at 51 from an auto accident.

Lesson I learned... Do what you want, you'll go when you go.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2015, 10:46:34 PM »
My dad's brother, Ricky, was a fitness health nut.  Ate all the right things, did all the right exercises.  Died at 51 to stomach cancer.

His dad, smoked, drank like a fish, and never ate healthy... Dead at 51 from an auto accident.

Lesson I learned... Do what you want, you'll go when you go.

yep, it's true nothing man knows of in our realm of scientific understanding has a direct influence on life expectancy, unless it kills you outright or gives you some health condition. but that doesn't count because they are indirect or forced outcomes. it's the same thing with the forces that scientists say made life; none of them individually or combined has any direct effect on life-span. Me thinks they need to reconsider their theories.. especially when life doesn't follow the rules of physics in specific: energy in equals energy out (if that was the case, every time we make a new generation it's life span would lose whatever the parent spent before they were born and if they never had children they'd live longer). and man and woman combined can make life without the extraneous early earth circumstances scientists say are necessary.

not like we have a life gland that's constantly making life as we grow or we'd have more life the further we go. Bonus round style!

life is not a game, but I sure know a few secrets and passwords that can get instant reactions. good or bad.  ;D

now I'm just flappin mah gums.
Spoiler for Hidden:
yeah I know I just kinda proposed evidence against evolution as a theory, down to the sole fact that life is an entity not in relation to physics or forces so how can it be created by things that don't effect it? *BURN* that looked like it hurt Mr Darwin, maybe you should put some ice on it, might give you a temperature-chemical-pressure-force reaction and heal it instantly with the excessive LIFE you created Ooo! DOUBLE *BURN*! or should I say Freeze? well not if you added salt first, but that's a different kind of BURN like the kind that causes skin to die  and need BURN gel the kind of BURN that single celled or multicelled slime-based living things can't sustain, that would consequently be all too common in an early earth setting Oo Accidental BURN, or was it? add that to your probability. silent burn.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2015, 03:20:19 AM »
/macro GameBack "e holdtorch$$b Someday, Paragon City will raise again!"

zaran

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2015, 05:44:08 AM »
/em holdtorch

I'm here until they turn my server off.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »
I will never stop hoping/believing we will have our home back...never

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

SableShrike

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »
I spent almost 6 years on CoX, during some of the hardest times of my then young life.

I honestly think this game may have kept me from going insane (although some may claim I've still done so).

If there's the faintest glimmer of hope to it returning, I'll gladly help fund another 6 years+.

Nothing else has ever come close; three years on and I still find myself going "CoX did that better" in every other game.

Excelsior.
"In a tribe of chimpanzees, I was a monkey."

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2015, 05:57:50 PM »
I can't remember where I saw this, but I think it sums up most other games for me....

"EVERY OTHER GAME WAS A CRUEL FOSTER HOME!"
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2015, 06:22:33 PM »
I'm a little late on this but, /em holdtorch.  ;)

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2015, 04:00:11 AM »
I'm a little late on this but, /em holdtorch.  ;)

I'll do it with you, so you don't look so bad doing it  :P

/em holdtorch

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 05:41:15 AM »
Because we're late,
/e flashlight

Shadowsmith

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 09:17:09 PM »
Sorry for the hold up, but let me join in.

/em holdtorch

Archlight

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »
Like many have said there is no suitable replacement. Champions only holds my attention for a short time.
Waiting like all of you for news from COT or the IP project.

/em holdtorch

MaxDefense

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »

/em holdtorch

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 09:49:47 AM »
/em pitchfork....errr, I mean /em holdtorch   :o
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »
It wasn't 3 years it was only yesterday, I blinked and the game was back.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2015, 03:45:11 AM »

Ironwolf says that the game is back!
Stop blinking, Ironwolf.

psquared007

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2015, 10:14:54 PM »
/em holdtorch

Third times/anniversary a charm? 

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2015, 02:38:44 AM »

Are you teasing us Ironwolf ;)

Hellwolve

• Underling
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2015, 09:45:39 AM »
It wasn't until recently I found out this resurrection of sorts exists! Can't wait to get back in :)