Author Topic: Captain America: Civil War Trailer is up.  (Read 3701 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Captain America: Civil War Trailer is up.
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:12:07 PM »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Captain America: Civil War Trailer is up.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »
And it looks FANTASTIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NWzay3W4s

Marvel really knows how to do films and have a coherent film universe. (and TV now too with Agents and the Netflix stuff)

DC is now trying to copy Marvel's film universe but I really think its going to flop.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:34:59 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
That Bucky and Cap teamup vs Ironman though! :D I am PUMPED for this movie!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 06:17:23 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
That Bucky and Cap teamup vs Ironman though! :D I am PUMPED for this movie!

I knew that it wouldn't be about secret identities like in the comics so almost on one has one in the film universe.

But what they are doing with it is excellent and actually makes more sense with having Cap at odds with Stark and the government.

Can't believe I have to wait until May!

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:45:57 PM »
I knew that it wouldn't be about secret identities like in the comics so almost on one has one in the film universe.

But what they are doing with it is excellent and actually makes more sense with having Cap at odds with Stark and the government.

Can't believe I have to wait until May!

Heard they were going to make Iron Man the "baddie" in this movie, but did not think they would have the b@ll$ to make one franchise lead the villain in another franchise lead's movie....

Marvel is definitely doing movies right. 

Yeah, the DC movie-verse is going to be a gloriously massive trainwreck, maybe on a big enough level to bankrupt a studio.  But, they sure are doing TV right.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 05:01:44 PM »
Comics civil war wasn't about identities directly.  It was about accountability (or control depending on your point of view).  Anonymous people aren't accountable, so that was a side effect.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 08:24:26 PM »
Comics civil war wasn't about identities directly.  It was about accountability (or control depending on your point of view).  Anonymous people aren't accountable, so that was a side effect.

True - but secret ID's played a big part. Look how screwed up Spider-Man's life got when people found out his ID. Then they had to pull a DC move just to reset everything back.

But I really like the fact that in this film is a personal thing with Steve - so it just has more impact than even the accountability factor.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 02:40:39 AM »
True - but secret ID's played a big part. Look how screwed up Spider-Man's life got when people found out his ID. Then they had to pull a DC move just to reset everything back.

But I really like the fact that in this film is a personal thing with Steve - so it just has more impact than even the accountability factor.

I would imagine that Hawkeye would like to keep his family off the authority's radar which is why we see him on Cap's side.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »
Helping a wanted terrorist (which the Winter Soldier is) will sure protect his family.

And if what we've seen was a dead Warmachine*, I really hope Stark and Banner stomp those ####### six feet deep.

*it probably is, after all the MCU has no Goliath to kill off.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »
Even if Rhodey does die they could always have him resurrected by the XO-Manowar ripoff alien armor.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 08:42:37 PM »
I sincerely doubt they would kill Warmachine in a non-Iron Man movie.

Second, there is the optics around the Trope in question.

Hawkeye's support of Bucky would mirror his support for Natasha who also used to be a Soviet/Russian spy/assassin.  Maybe he's a fan of redemption?

There really isn't a good solution to the question of super powered individuals.  Vigilantism can't be tolerated, but governments can't be trusted.

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 01:43:50 AM »
Helping a wanted terrorist (which the Winter Soldier is) will sure protect his family.

And if what we've seen was a dead Warmachine*, I really hope Stark and Banner stomp those ####### six feet deep.

*it probably is, after all the MCU has no Goliath to kill off.

He'd have a longer run than Quicksilver(RIP) at least, or they could always fake it like they did for Coulson, and Bucky.
It might come down to if Cheadle's contract is up, and if he is interested in doing more films.  https://captainzach616.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/contract-lengths-for-marvel-actors/

RDJ seems to want out soonish, so I doubt they'd kill them both off, and have no IRON MAN suit, although I have heard a rumor of the little kid from IM3 taking over for Tony http://moviepilot.com/posts/2478238?lt_source=external,manual

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 02:08:39 AM »
Maybe they can combine the times a kid has been Iron Man and have a young Kang in a future Iron Man suit take over Tony's mind in the present so they have to go get young Tony from the 80s(?) to replace him. They could then make their movies using a combination of another young actor and footage from Weird Science and Back to School.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »
I don't think Rhodey is dead, just seriously injured like Happy was in IM3.  Makes it personal for Stark.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 08:23:06 PM »
I don't think Rhodey is dead, just seriously injured like Happy was in IM3.  Makes it personal for Stark.

So, you're saying "it's just a flesh wound"?  I didn't see his arm laying around, looked still attached to me.