Author Topic: Doctor Who season 9  (Read 12193 times)

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
Re: Doctor Who season 9
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 05:37:00 PM »
And speaking of old school Doctor Who... The monster in this two-parter should looked like one of the old, wobbly, made of bubble-wrap monsters...

He looked pretty good until he walked outside, so that was close, right?  I never had a problem with bubble-wrap monsters...
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 02:10:00 AM »
Hopefully that's the end of the sonic sunglasses.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 05:26:13 AM »
Hopefully that's the end of the sonic sunglasses.

Did ya'll catch when he asked about his screwdriver in last week's episode? Just an off-hand question, "did you find a tool lying around? Long skinny thing with a point?" (Something like that.) I pointed it out to my husband who didn't notice it the first time 'round. Made me grin a bit.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 01:28:40 AM »
So, is it just me, or did it look like we're actually going to see the fact that Capaldi has played other characters addressed as canon?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 01:46:17 AM »
So, is it just me, or did it look like we're actually going to see the fact that Capaldi has played other characters addressed as canon?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Didn't they more or less do that?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 02:14:07 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Didn't they more or less do that?
Maybe.  I tend to watch the episodes when I'm a little sleepy on Sunday mornings and sometimes have to rewind to see what I missed during a very prolonged blink.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 03:50:18 AM »
A pretty solid episode expanding on consequence and portending a potentially interesting future.

Sam Swift reminds me of someone the Doctor met in his past in the future. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Magus Prime

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 09:01:19 AM »
I'm hopeful for an appearance by Captain Jack or even dare I say the Face of Boe.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 02:05:41 PM »
I'm hopeful for an appearance by Captain Jack or even dare I say the Face of Boe.

Oh dear god i hope not...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 10:15:16 PM »
Well that was a pointless episode without a satisfying end.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2015, 03:34:26 AM »
My thought at first was it's a stupid origin for a monster but this could still be a pretty good running down the spaceship corridors episode.  By the end though it was one of my least favorite episodes ever.  A few nice ideas put together into a pointless jumbled mess.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2015, 09:18:55 AM »
I was fully expecting that everyone was trapped in a networked dream state in the new Morpheus machines.  The Sandmen in this plot in my head were people who had been consumed by and added to the growing intelligence in charge of the network.  Ergo the failing gravity shields would have been an effort to force everyone to wake up.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »
I was fully expecting that everyone was trapped in a networked dream state in the new Morpheus machines.  The Sandmen in this plot in my head were people who had been consumed by and added to the growing intelligence in charge of the network.  Ergo the failing gravity shields would have been an effort to force everyone to wake up.

Yep, that's where I thought they were going with it too....  But, I was hoping, once he figured out that it felt more like a "story" that he had accidentally landed in the land of fiction, again.  It'd be so great to get a land of fiction story in the new series... and the Capaldi Doctor would be a hoot in it.

My wife kept commenting on how the episode felt more like a Big Finish audio than a TV episode... And it seemed familiar to me, too. 

Was this episode a re-write of "Dust"? 

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 07:09:01 PM »
Did not like this episode one bit.

Magus Prime

• Boss
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 07:51:54 AM »
Did not like this episode one bit.

I'm gonna have to agree to agree.

But really par for the course for Moffat.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »
I really liked it up until the last, ohhh, 3 minutes or so. However long dustman's speech was. That wasn't an ending. Sigh.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 03:00:17 PM »
I really liked it up until the last, ohhh, 3 minutes or so. However long dustman's speech was. That wasn't an ending. Sigh.

Agreed.  That was my big problem with the episode, too.  Several of this Doctor's stories have not actually been full stories like this... The sleep oriented one last season is another example.

I also thought *what* the monsters were was silly.  Evolved eye boogers? Really?  Any other explanation would have been better, I think.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2015, 01:37:04 AM »
Don't look unless you have seen Hell Bent.

Spoiler for Hidden:
THAT, is how you send off a companion.

Clara can return.  Me can return.  Potentials for appearances in spin offs like Class, or maybe even Clara and Me.  Actually I think there should be a companion spin off mini series where the Doctor can't save things so the companions have to. 

And the best part of all. No maudlin Doctor moping about the companion he lost.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 02:33:02 PM »
For some reason, the diner reminded me of the place where Ford and Arthur met Elvis.

Also:  I simultaneously realized that I missed the previous episode and that I don't find it necessary to see it.

Also also:  Hooray sonic screwdriver.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 05:34:41 PM »
For some reason, the diner reminded me of the place where Ford and Arthur met Elvis.

Also:  I simultaneously realized that I missed the previous episode and that I don't find it necessary to see it.

Also also:  Hooray sonic screwdriver.

You really should see the previous episode.  It's really good.