Author Topic: Dry Pompous ramblings #3  (Read 1653 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Dry Pompous ramblings #3
« on: August 13, 2015, 10:18:34 AM »
Had an interesting thought.. Well interesting to me. But probably boring and stupid sounding to most.
But I'm gonna say it anyway.
It's been a long time since playing. Since communicating with my SG.
I had hoped to keep in touch with everyone who I considered a friend after shut down. But sadly it didn't happen.

Over the years I have evolved as a person. This happens with everyone.
So through the natural change in my real life my gaming persona changes as well. I'd like to think I've retained my COH era personality. Though, I doubt it.

I'm thinking of how these things would be reflected in COH upon relaunch. Should I join my old SG? Will they even be there? Will people recognize me? Or more importantly.. Will I still enjoy certain people's company? Should I still be Zoey lovecraft? Disturbing thought. Perhaps I should roll an entirely new toon and not let anyone know who I used to be. I could pretend to be a new player. But then people will wonder why I know everything about the game. That means I wont be able to help REAL new players. Maybe I should join Redside. Do I still have what it takes to lead an SG? Omg! My costume has to be changed! Dear god I have to become a Redside pvper because my current self cannot be properly translated into my old character in an honest way because I'm not that person anymore! But if I join Redside I'll have a very limited amount of people to choose from to be my new friends because no one plays redside! And being a redside pvper is pointless because no one blue side pvps in the first place! Now my only choice is to be a redside RPer who camps the nukes in warburg. But I'm not good at stalker!.
D:

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
Re: Dry Pompous ramblings #3
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 03:04:43 PM »
You worry too much!  8)
We've all grown. If the game relaunched we'd all have to go through a learning curve remembering things that were second nature back then. Even old SG leaders will be a little lost at first.
My favorite arcs back then won't be my favorite arcs now. People who only had 3 regular toons will all the sudden have altitis.
Just be who you are now and everything will be fine.
And whatever you do, never stop helping new players. That's one of the greatest perks of the CoH community - you get to help a newbie learn to love the game too.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Soul Resonance

• Boss
Re: Dry Pompous ramblings #3
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
You worry too much!  8)
We've all grown. If the game relaunched we'd all have to go through a learning curve remembering things that were second nature back then. Even old SG leaders will be a little lost at first.
My favorite arcs back then won't be my favorite arcs now. People who only had 3 regular toons will all the sudden have altitis.
Just be who you are now and everything will be fine.
And whatever you do, never stop helping new players. That's one of the greatest perks of the CoH community - you get to help a newbie learn to love the game too.
Exactly  8)..Plus, im in the same boat as Zoey, in that the old toons I had will need to be reinvisioned(Costumes, Powersets..even for some, whole new ATs  :o), i'll certainly invest more into toons thanks to the relaunch, and more invested in helping newbs as i'll be somewhat of a noob myself in terms of making toons outside my playstyle(Plan to have atleast 3 50 tanks..not used to tanks at all lol), and just adjusting to the game in a non laggy PC  ;D...it's gonna be a bit of a struggle, but a fun struggle non the less :D
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.